Update Thanks Everyone In Tcs

pawsgrl

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I am unbelievably ecstatic,
I canâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t thank you all enough for your help, encouragement and direction on my Tuffy.
I have taken all the advice, and read my little brain off
on all the posts in feral cat forum; As well as hissyâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s old posts for socializing a feral and how to properly introduce cats to one another.
When the time comes in the weeks ahead I feel Iâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]m prepared for Caliâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s and Tuffyâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s introduction. No more anxiety!!

I am amazed at how quickly the instructions of what I call (cat communication) works. In a matter of a few days of body language and talking or reading to Tuffy, he crawled over to me this morning with a purrr- meow, I continued to talk and not look and next thing I know a paw reached out and touched my arm, (I was bursting inside)
I continued to sweet talk and purr back softly and slowly put my arm down there was a flinch but it was soon folowed by a rub from his face
and more meow purrr noises. We did this for about 1/2 hr. I left and came back in a few hrs. later.
I was greeted with a hiss. but went back to ignoring and talking soon he was back and he let me pet for the first time, it was like he didnâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t know what to do with himself purring heavy breathing backing away but coming back right away crying for more. When I finally stopped and just sat with my hand lying on the ground, he licked me twice (my eyes are filling just remembering it)
I am going to have a loving grateful companion I just know it, and I truly owe it to this web site and the beautiful people who are a part of it.
I canâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t wait to share and help others with my experiences and new found knowledge. Lord knows there are enough homeless babies and uneducated people afraid and wanting to dispose of these kitties seeing them as dangerous nuisances. Maybe, I can look up how to go about getting the word out on this site, if anyone can direct me I would appreciate it.

Sincerely with thanks,

Stacie

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Stacie, you brought tears to my eyes. You and Tuffy sound like a very special pair. Bless you.

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Stacie, I am so proud of you and Tuffy!
So many come to this site seeking advice, but then don't follow it. I got chills reading your post! It's amazing how that works, and it works nearly every time. Imagine the progress you will make, especially since you've had such an amazing beginning!

Be patient. Keep doing what you are doing, and you and Tuffy will surely succeed!

essayons89

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is awesome.

It sounds like you and Tuffy are forming quite a bond. He's a lucky kitty to have you as "his" person.

Bryan

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi and Welcome! That's so awesome for you both! I'm in the process of bonding with my 3 1/2 month old feral boy, and I know that heart-swelling feeling of joy and pride when they start accepting you - I'm just 2 weeks into my relationship wih Ferris, and I, too, couldn't do it without the fantastic folks here at TCS!!!

Do you have a link with pictures up? I'd love to see little Tuffy!

jenny82

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katachtig

Stacie, you brought tears to my eyes. You and Tuffy sound like a very special pair. Bless you.
Me too! Congratulations Stacie, I'm so happy for you!

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow, that's fantastic! Now you have to stay here to tell YOUR story to people asking questions.
Cause it's a really great story!

captiva

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Stacie,

What a fantastic story!
Thank you so much for sharing it! Sounds as if Tuffy has found his perfect forever home. Good luck on your introductions, don't be too disappointed if it takes a while. I have five cats and they all are not crazy about one another but they do "co-exist" in the same home and everyone is happy.

jessy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is so lovely
congratulations on making the first bond with Tuffy

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi again Stacie, Cali, and Tuffy!
I didn't read this before my long first reply, sorry! SO GLAD to hear of your progress and to know you're winning him over -- sounds like he has a true and loyal friend and champion in you! In case you haven't ever heard of the most powerful national feral cat advocacy group, you may want to go to http://www.alleycat.org and/or email them at [email protected] for all the state-of-the-art help and info on all things feral feline. Alley Cat Allies is their name, and they've saved countless feral cats' lives. It's a resource no cat lover should be without.
Best to you, Cali and Tuffy!