micro-chip

shelleybik

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
my babie mouse is going to the vet tom to be spayed /chipped,i know our details go on a chip which is put in the neck,but how do they do it????thanks for your help.odviously i was going to ask the vet,but wandered if any of you guys know?????

rockcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The vet injects the chip through a needle. Its quick, but the needle is quite large. Its great that you are getting it done while she is being spayed because the vet will probably do it while she is already under anesthesia.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

shelleybik

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rockcat

The vet injects the chip through a needle. Its quick, but the needle is quite large. Its great that you are getting it done while she is being spayed because the vet will probably do it while she is already under anesthesia.
oh,right,blimey its really small then,thanks for that,yes i guess theyll do it at the same time,good.

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Sicycat

It's like the size of a grain of rice.
and it goes in between their shoulders (as you know)..it doesn't even phase them and they don't even know it's there.

eburgess

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's an injection. Limerick got it on his last check-up. He didn't cry or flinch. They should check it at least 3 times to make sure it's working and everything.