Food help please!

puttycat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi! I am new here & was hoping to get some advice on food for my cats. I have two, Puma & Putty, & they are currently on prescription dry food...Science Diet i/d. As a kitten Putty had major problems with his bowels which completely disappeared once he was put on the i/d. Our vet said that now that he is older, I can try some non-prescription foods but it basically would be hit or miss as to whether he could handle them. I'd like to switch to wet food as our other cat, Puma, has a problem with his weight & I've been reading that wet food is the best choice. I could easily switch them over (gradually) to the canned i/d, but I was wondering if there are any other brands that are known to be good for cats with sensitive stomachs? Any help would be greatly appreciated...thanks so much!

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
California natural
Nutro
Natural balence
merrick

crystal211

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
We give our cats Chicken Soup for the Cat Lover's Soul dry and Merrick wet and have had no issues. When we first got Trixie our original food gave her diarrhea, and when we made the switch to those it cleared up. No problems since.