To all you guys who fly alot!

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am flying for the first time since 97 on Sunday. Can you guys tell me if you can take a laptop computer with you on board?? I know they're restricting all liquids and what not...........

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You can, but you are not allowed to use them.
Last I flew was last year, all electronics had to be off before leaving the gate.

miss mew

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Last time I checked lap tops are ok...they will restrict your use of it however (usually only during the cruise portion of the flight). You should take a look at the airline you are travelling's website, they will give you the low down of all restricted items.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah, I'm gonna do that Tracy........I'm not planning on using it until we get the the hotel..............

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
it has to be switched off at take off and landing, but you can use it once youre up in the air (usually after 20 - 30 mins)
IF you fly first class you can even use the internet :p

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'd love to fly first class, but they booked us economy. Can you upgrade while checking in if there are seats available!

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yes, you can take a laptop as one of your carryons. When going through security, it does have to be out of the carrying case and put into a separate basket. Also, remember to wear easy-on and easy-off shoes because you have to remove your shoes going through security too.

Definitely be sure to double check what is allowed as carry-ons. It changes so quickly anymore...

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by valanhb

Yes, you can take a laptop as one of your carryons. When going through security, it does have to be out of the carrying case and put into a separate basket. Also, remember to wear easy-on and easy-off shoes because you have to remove your shoes going through security too.

Definitely be sure to double check what is allowed as carry-ons. It changes so quickly anymore...
Really wow??

Is it just in america that they take off shoes?

purrpaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by fwan

Really wow??

Is it just in america that they take off shoes?
Yeah, even since the "shoe bomber" incident. Some guy tried to light his shoe on fire, which had a bomb in it. Sometimes you don't have to take off your shoes, but it takes longer for them to check them out, so it's usually easier to take them off.

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
I have just gotten into the habit of checking the TSA web site. I never can keep up with what is and isn't allowed. Be sure to put jackets through the x-ray also.

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I"ll have to check that TSA website out Jana........thanks!

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
if you are taking it with you, I would carry it on. But unless you have extra battery it is really not worth using. lol on long flights, i have the laptop, sony PSP , and gameboy,MP3 player and books
by the time i get there, only thing that is still working is the mp3 player and of course the books.