Mommy Acting wierd...

kcm

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi All cat lovers..
Lately My female cat who just gave birth has been acting quite wierd here are some of the things she has been doing lately:
Always asking for more food,
mooping around the house,
always crying,
sleeping on the floor,
doesn't get enough sleep,
annoyed/cranky,
and other similar things.
She is also very very skinny, and she eats a lot, so i don't understand.
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c3...Picture141.jpg

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sounds like she may be back in heat? Has she seen a vet? If something is seriously wrong she will need to go in to be seen (you can schedule her spay appointment for when they vet says she is ready too!)

Is she caring for her babies?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kcm

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Jen

Sounds like she may be back in heat? Has she seen a vet? If something is seriously wrong she will need to go in to be seen (you can schedule her spay appointment for when they vet says she is ready too!)

Is she caring for her babies?
Yes we have seen the vet, he says that she is probably grouchy because all the kittens are on her case.. but i don't know she keeps waking me up at 4am in the morning or earlier.. but not for food, for attention.. she's constantly with her babies.. she becomes happy (i can tell) when we play with all the kittens... she's been spayed.. so im not worried. it's just i want to relieve her but i dont know what to do for her...
thank you
stephy
KCM

larke

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, either she needs more food regardless (being postpartum and skinny) or at least another vet visit to look more seriously at what could be going on - did she have bloodwork done last time? Maybe if the vet realizes she's still not herself by now, he'll be more concerned.

taterbug

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Is she the same one that had diarreah a few days ago? Maybe she's telling you she doesn't feel like taking care of them,asking for your help? Have you tried bottle feeding them? If she is that skinny,then she may not have enough milk and that's what she is trying to make you understand. Try bottle feeding a few of them and see if it calms her down.

ETA- I just read where the kittens were born in August....have you introduced them to solid food yet? She could be asking for your help in weaning them?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kcm

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
They all eat solid food already.. wet and solid food, they bearly drink milk from momma.. i think i am going to the vet to make sure everything is fine.

thank you
if anyone has anymore input please feel free to give me some information.