Are you ready for some FOOTBALL?!!

cinder

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I love football. It's probably my favorite sport.

I grew up a 49er's fan and we sucked big time back then. The 1981 season was like a dream come true. I remember calling in sick the day the NFC playoff game with the Cowboys was on. I NEVER do things like that, but... this was big. What a day. Dwight Clark. The catch. Man, it just doesn't get any better than that.

Joe Montana was my hero, so when the niners booted him to Kansas City, I went too. They're still my team. Trent and Tony G are my favorite players.

And we're getting our butts kicked today. (17-3, 2nd quarter)

Announcers... I like Madden.

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
NO!!!! I hate it with a passion.
DH LOVES the Bengals though.

hopehacker

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I dread Football season. The end up pre-empting too many entertainment shws. I actually hate all sports, except for Figure Skating.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cinder

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
DH LOVES the Bengals though.
Uhm....did I mention who was kicking out butts?!

When my nephews were younger, football was something I could talk to them about. I occasionally took them to card shows, and it felt good knowing what and who they were talking about. Not to mention, game & super bowl parties are fun.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well living a very short distance from Green Bay.............
I only bought one new article of Packer clothing this year (so far)
Its fun going to Lambeau Field anytime since the renovation as there are restaurants and a sports bar that are open all the time there.

neetanddave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know where your coming from, my Panthers are beating themselves today as well. And of all teams to lose to, the big rivals the Dirty Birds. sigh...

cinder

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
points at signature
Oh man, you should meet one of my vets... His wife has a purple car with Viking horns on the hood?
I can't remember if it was last year, or the year before, but I bought him Randy Moss bobbleheads for Christmas. (of course, then they traded him)

Well living a very short distance from Green Bay
I like Brett. Loved his Monday morning quarterback commercial.

my Panthers are beating themselves today as well
Well, if our offensive line doesn't come together it's gonna be a looooooooooong season.
Five QB sacks...so far. Ouch! (edit to add...I didn't get to see the game here...maybe it was just REALLY good coverage!) Anyone see it? Wha happened???????

cinder

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Yup...I'll get a picture of it the next time I go there. It's hysterical.

leli

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think the REAL question is......am I ready for how ready the bf is for football? It's his favourite sport. He talks about football constantly during the offseason and even more often during the season LOL. I don't mind, though....football is really the only sport I don't mind watching on tv, so it works out. Last season was the first time I really paid much attention, actually, and my boyfriend insisted I have a team to root for....he's big on the Cowboys and the Eagles. He's got team stuff from when he was a kid. Anyway, I am now officially a Bengals fan and here's why.....
Funniest uniforms in the NFL
The obvious cat connection
And finally.....who wouldn't love a team named after an 80s girl band
LOL

Seriously, they're taking the superbowl this year!

h~chan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by crittermom

NO!!!! I hate it with a passion.
I'll second that. I never really found it interesting.

lokismum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by HopeHacker

I dread Football season. The end up pre-empting too many entertainment shws. I actually hate all sports, except for Figure Skating.
I'm with you!
Yuck! Boring!
Skating?
Love it!

But I do love baseball!

catkiki

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Cinder

I love football. It's probably my favorite sport.

I grew up a 49er's fan and we sucked big time back then. The 1981 season was like a dream come true. I remember calling in sick the day the NFC playoff game with the Cowboys was on. I NEVER do things like that, but... this was big. What a day. Dwight Clark. The catch. Man, it just doesn't get any better than that.

Joe Montana was my hero, so when the niners booted him to Kansas City, I went too. They're still my team. Trent and Tony G are my favorite players.

And we're getting our butts kicked today. (17-3, 2nd quarter)

Announcers... I like Madden.
I really love football too!! My fave teams are the Niners and Raiders. I loved Joe Montana
I used to like the Lambs, I mean Rams before they turned traitor and moved from LA to St Louis.
I wish LA had a team but oh well.... maybe sometime.

lilleah

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm friggen' STOKED about the football season.
Although..All I really care about is the

GREEN BAY PACKERS!

But they arent looking so awesome this game.

SO has 2 bets going, and looks like all them
in my car arent going to be mine.

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We're definitely ready for FOOTBALL!!

Being from Colorado, my team is the Broncos, who also beat themselves today. I mean seriously - FIVE Turnovers?!?! Good lord - Jake only threw 7 interceptions all of last year, but threw 3 today.
They are so much better than how they played today. Well, they started off last year with an embarassing away game and ended up 13-3 and one win away from the Superbowl. Maybe they can have a good comeback season again.