Simba almost killed himself earlier this morning.

hopehacker

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have a 7 foot bookcase filled to the brim with My Little Pony's, DVD's, Porcelein dolls, books, and CD's. Simba likes to jump on top of it, and sleep up there, even though I don't like him to do it. Anyway, about 3am I heard something fall, went to look and see what it was. I hear this scratch sound, and I start calling for Simba because I see the other cats. The more I am calling, the more I hear the scratching and thumping behind the bookcase.

I started freaking out, and tried to move it away from the wall, which I couldn't do. I'm barely 5 feet tall, and pretty small, plus I have a bad hip, which makes it hard for me to do anything physical like that. Suddenly, he's crying, and scratching, and I can tell he's freaking out. The only way I could even think about moving that bookcase would be if I took everything out of it. So, like a lunatic. I start throwing things out of the bookcase all over everywhere, Hundreds of DVD's, Pony's, Books, and CD's are scattered all over, until it there was a pile about half way up to my knee's. Thank God I didn't have to toss the Porcelien dolls down, or I probably would have broken them. Anyway by that time, I was finally able to move the bookcase a little bit and Simba was able to squeeze out. After that I just sat there crying and shaking, and so grateful that my little boy didn't hurt himself.

It is now 8am and I'm still cleaning up the mess, I made. But my little Simba is OK. I didn't get any sleep all night long though.

vampirecat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Aww poor little man, glad he is ok.

But what about you ? Must have been traumatice experience, have you recovered from the fright yet ?

sandtigress

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That must have been so scary!
Simba, maybe that will teach you to sleep up there!

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Bless your heart ..... you and Simba had a long night .......
Thank God you woke up !!! I have had something similar happen except Ducky was behind a big screen TV ..... I know the panick ..... but you saved him .....He probablly just rolled over in his sleep poor Simba ..... Im glad everything is ok now .....

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Simba, no more sleeping on the bookcase

It sounds like a good day to spend the day in bed with your kits

anakat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sorry that you and Simba had such a fright.
Could you get some-one to fix the bookcase to the wall so that there is no gap for him to fall down, it would probably be easier to do that than try to stop him sleeping up there

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh my - how scary for both of you! I'm glad you woke up and were able to get Simba out. Everyone is safe and sound now, so I'll just send lots of
to you for being such a good Meowmy.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

hopehacker

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I just hope he doesn't get up there, when I'm at work, and can't help him. I tried to push the thing as close to the wall as possible, but there is still a little gap Simba is such a sleek and slender little guy. I hope he's got the fear in him, but I will bet that he'll be back up there by either tonight or tomorrow.

russian blue

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by HopeHacker

.... I tried to push the thing as close to the wall as possible, but there is still a little gap Simba is such a sleek and slender little guy.
I remember Nakita doing that twice when she was younger. She fell behind an Ikea unit that was slightly away from the wall. It's always scary, but even worse at night. Glad you and Simba are ok.

lokismum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So glad that you were able to get Simba out and that all is fine! Poor baby! Cat's do tend to get into the strangest predicaments sometimes, don't they!

pombina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The cats house, we just pay the mortgage..
Oh Hope! How scary! I am so glad you were able to get Simba out.
It's such a horrible feeling when they do something like that, your heart skips a beat. Thank goodness he's ok. No more jumping on the bookcase Simba!

willie'slove

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Oh, thats great to hear that he is OK.

That reminds me of the time Willie got outside and climbed the tree.

I freakwed out. My mother was like: JUst leave him up there over night if we cant get him down, and hell come down when hes ready."

But I couldnt. My stepdad almost killed himself, but he saved him!!!

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awww poor baby!I'm glad he's o.k. though.
I sure hope you're doing better now too!!

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hope both of you feel a little bit better today.
Those cats of ours-do the craziet things!!!-I remember putting on the metal roof of garden shed with DH-the peak was 16 ft off ground-Sheba crawled up the franing and got onto the roof!!! She would climb the ladder DH would have set up to clean the chimmeny. Cats and climbing-hard too stop!!

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Poor little Simba (and poor you), I am lucky that mine don't tend to climb on anything or get behind things, Boomer occasionally gets stuck under the recliner but scully has learnt to jump up in the front of it and tip it forward for him... that must have been such a shock.

Give him lots of hugs from me

emily_325

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm glad that you and Simba are both fine. I dread the day that Anya is big enough and discovers she can get on top of our tall bookcase. Just yesterday she discovered she can get behind the entertainment center that we have in the corner of our living room. Issue is...she can jump down there, but she can't jump high enough to get back out.

She scared me to death yowling yesterday because she realized she was stuck. I couldn't move it either and couldn't reach down far enough to grab her, so I dropped an empty box back there upside down. Smart little girl hopped up on top of it so I could reach her and pull her out. Of course the box is staying there. No one can see it and should she choose to get back there again she can jump up on it to get out.

chester&piper

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Goodness Hope, how scary! He's lucky you woke up to save him; I'm glad he wasn't hurt. I hope you're feeling better today, you must have been so scared for him.

Simba sweetie, please stay off the bookcase, you don't want to frighten your poor meowmy like that again.