One of those nights...

scamperfarms

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ever had one of those nights where you wanna Strangle your SO? LOL i love steve I do. and we are getting married in just a few short weeks now..but for the last few nights i have wanted noting more than to STRANGLE HIM..

Hes been snoreing like an Ox...rolling over on me, ect i wondere if its a hint
and now its 5:30am and i havent been to sleep yet, because I cant..the kicker tonight was about 20 mins ago when he woke up went to the restroom came back and as he got in bed leaned his full weight right on my side. That smarted!
Didnt even say a peep!

And than..every day the last few days, when he gets up. I drift off to sleep only to have him wake me up before he goes to work and chipperly say "wake up sleepy head i slept great"

Bad thing is today is his day off...so who knows when hes gonna wake up
is it bad to wish he would have a BAD night sleep?

amitya

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
i totally understand-- i ended up sleeping in my daughters bed last nite because hubby fell asleep on my side of the bed (and he was stretched out all the way across the bed) so i didnt even have a space to get in our bed last nite. My daughter woke me up at 7 am and hubby is still in bed arghh! men!

shadowsoul

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Someone told me snoring is genetic..I hope not
I understand that, I hope you get good sleep
Sometimes my Bf would dominate the entire bed so I sometimes sleep in my TV recliner, better than not sleep because I got no space

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
I know what you're saying. We finally sprung for a king size bed. Hubby ended up on my side behind me and I was scrunched between a cat at my knees and one in front of me. Total square footage = 4. I started cramping up so badly. I couldn't move and when I finally was able to, everyone was upset with me!

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know how you feel. We sleep on a double bed and my boyfriend, who is a pretty big guy, is always kicking me, and he snores loud and makes some pretty weird noises. Last night was pretty bad. He gets up at 9am to go to work and I go back to sleep until 2pm because I don't get much sleep when hes there too. We need to get a new bed soon, and we want to get a king size bed, but I don't know if that will fit into an apartment very well.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

scamperfarms

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
well we have a queen..i thought that was big enough,LOL he finally got up and i finally got to sleep. He tried to wake me up..and call me lazy..till he saw the look on my face!

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sometimes if DH is snorning too loud I will sleep in other bedroom (with a pillow over my ears!!

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Is it just me? or do men actually snore alot more and louder than women?

scamperfarms

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by fwan

Is it just me? or do men actually snore alot more and louder than women?
nope i dont think its just use i think they sore louder

sims2fan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My bed is Tiny the smallest double bed you can get my husband and I could never get any sleep. Now he sleeps on the sofabed till we move to our new house in October (it will have a king sized bed!).

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hate to tell you this, but snoring gets worse with age. I have the sweetest SO ever, but he is very hard to sleep beside. He snores, talks, flails, grunts, all kinds of lovely stuff that has gotten worse over our 20+ years together.
I have one word for those of you who love snorers. EARPLUGS! I learned 15 years ago to sleep with them in my ears, and they work unless it is really bad, then I just have to make him turn over.
Walgreen's has some purple ones that are the best I have ever found, and trust me, I have tried them all. I have a pretty little silver box on my nightstand filled with them. You can use them several times, they are wearing out when they start becoming hard to get into your ears. Some kitties find them interesting, but none of current crew bothers them. Fred would steal them right out of my ears.

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ooh boy. We have a California King size bed, and thank heavens, between me turning side to side as I do, 3 cats and him... I used to be the snorer, but since I lost such a chunk of weight, it's resolved. I do find if dh is on his back, he appears to have sleep apnea, so I simply tell him to turn on his side..he doesn't wake up but he turns!

I honestly don't think I'd survive a snorer..the ear plugs sound like a great idea

scamperfarms

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
wish i could do ear plugs but i cant stand anyting in my ears. so those are out of the question. But steve uses them for drumming, and Halen ...loves to steal them and run off with them lol

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by ScamperFarms

Oh not in all cases! I definitely do more snoring than DH! He toots. I snore! I always get stuffy at night, and we have an air filter in our bedroom!

When we first got married we slept in my double bed. DH is tall...his head would touch the top of the bed and his feet would hang off. One night he actually rolled over and hit his head on the night table and got a concussion! He hated that bed. I loved it! But I loved it more when it was just me in it! DH said it had a dip....yes it did, from where I slept (diagonally) every night for years! It was molded for me! Now we have a queen and it is much better. Someday we will graduate to the biggest thing we can find!

I have a friend who takes the cake though. Both she and her husband snore, talk, flail, etc. It's so bad that she's stood up on the bed (literally!) and flopped down on top of him in the middle of the night. He's also done about the same...giving her a black eye! She swears he didn't hit her on purpose! Those two are just awful! That friend's twin brother was DH's house mate till we got married. He was the same. He has to lock himself in the bedroom at night or he'll wander off! He's found himself on the front porch before! The worst he did here was rip the curtains off the wall...rod and all! I'm just glad he didn't take down the shade too! He had the room my comp is in now, and the window is literally 2 feet from the road! That would have been sooo embarrassing!

scamperfarms

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
yeesh that would be bad. Steve flails a bit in bed. or as i call it dancing. according to him..i dont do much. I curl upon my side and i am sleepig. than when he gets up i roll into his spot. lol..and he says i only snore when i am sick.

shadowsoul

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ScamperFarms

Damn, my boyfriend says otherwise
He says I snore louder, especially If I am tired or I lacked sleep due to work, and I have a feeling that's true, even my bestfriend says so

Originally Posted by krazy kat2

I have one word for those of you who love snorers. EARPLUGS! I learned 15 years ago to sleep with them in my ears, and they work unless it is really bad, then I just have to make him turn over.
Walgreen's has some purple ones that are the best I have ever found.
I should consider that, haven't tried wearing earplugs, I hope I can find Walgreen here in Singapore, but then again, perhaps my boyfriend need it more