Dry Food Recommendation for Fosters, Please.

commonoddity042

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am currently fostering 4 kittens, and thanks to the silent-but-steady medley of tiny growing bones, organs, and muscles, my foster room is now considered "the catfood black hole".

I've been feeding them Felidae dry, but I'm also considering exclusively kitten-chows with similar ingredients to Felidae Dry.

Is there a decent exclusively kitten-chow food which comes in a 20 (or more)-pound bag?

I'm aiming for under $50 (including shipping). I've been looking, but having little to no luck finding anything interesting:

(low-no corn&grains, light on veggies, no artificial flavors/colors).

Should I just stick with the Felidae?

Also, what are your thoughts on Timberwolf Serengeti?

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Timberwolf is good but here a small fortune..

I would say chn soup or max cat both are good foods ... yes both are a bit grain heavy but 16-20 for about 20 bucks

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

commonoddity042

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sharky

Timberwolf is good but here a small fortune..

I would say chn soup or max cat both are good foods ... yes both are a bit grain heavy but 16-20 for about 20 bucks
I cant find chicken soup, and the 17lb nutro max is the exact same price as felidae chicken and rice dry. I think I might just stay with felidae.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by CommonOddity042

I cant find chicken soup, and the 17lb nutro max is the exact same price as felidae chicken and rice dry. I think I might just stay with felidae.
wow yeah if you can get 20 lb max for the same as felidea stay with it... here max can be had for 20 buck s and felidea is about 30

tru

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Actually the Timberwolf Serengeti is cheaper than the Felidae.
I tried the Timberwolf Serengeti, but my cats didn't seem to like it as much as some of the other foods.
I am now using a mix of Felidae, Innova Regular and California Natural.

If I only had the kittens I would go with the Natura Healthwise. All my cats seemed to like it quite well, but I have cats that don't need to put on weight so that's not a good choice in this house.

The HealthWise cost about the same as the Chicken Soup for the Cat Lovers Soul and I think it might be a little bit better food.

Here's a link to the info on HealthWise. It can be purchased online from PetFoodDirect.com
http://naturapet.com/display.php?d=p...39;544'%5D

commonoddity042

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by tru

The HealthWise cost about the same as the Chicken Soup for the Cat Lovers Soul and I think it might be a little bit better food.

Here's a link to the info on HealthWise. It can be purchased online from PetFoodDirect.com
http://naturapet.com/display.php?d=p...39;544'%5D
Sweet. That's where I buy my food, and the price is a bit more reasonable. I think I'll give it a try.

tru

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
BTW.... Here is a coupon code for 20% off at PetFoodDirect for anyone that might be able to use it.
ORDSC1067
Offer ends 11:59 PM, September 13, 2006!

They always manage to give the 20% ones when I am broke.

commonoddity042

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by tru

BTW.... Here is a coupon code for 20% off at PetFoodDirect for anyone that might be able to use it.
ORDSC1067
Offer ends 11:59 PM, September 13, 2006!

They always manage to give the 20% ones when I am broke.
At least you remembr them. I never remember the hefty pile of petfooddirect discount codes I have laying around until after I order.