Q.s about Feliway Spray ?

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am totally new to the product range and this is what I want to use it for

1/ to spray on my leather suite to stop scratching - will it damage leather ?

2/ to spray around my front & back door where a feral cat comes to
leave his very smelly calling card
will this confuse my kitties ??

note re: No.1 -I have already tried soft claws on the perp, but it just stressed us all and I dont want to keep upsetting him
so I think this might just be the answer

PS question for our UK members, can you help with any web pages where I can order and they will send to Spain, most of the USA either dont ship or charge a mega load of dosh !! ta very

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm curious as to what other scratching items you have offered instead of your leather couch. Many cats like using cardboard - it may look tacky, but hey, if it saves the furniture

And you might try spraying a citrus scent around your doors to discourage the feral from marking his territory, until you can get some Feliway.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Interesting, I have never heard of using Feliway as anti-scratching device, or anti pissing device. But who knows, maybe it will work...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StefanZ

Interesting, I have never heard of using Feliway as anti-scratching device, or anti pissing device. But who knows, maybe it will work...
I only discoved this use from reading the desciption and useage information on one of the web-sites,
so would be interested if it does work ?? any clues anyone ?

I have 2 scratch toys for my cats, and a door mat at the back door which they do love to file their nails on
but for some reason Dino likes to have a little go at the sofa
too !

snosrap5

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I use Feliway spray. It does say it combats scratching problems and urine problems. I don't have any of those problems so I can't say if it works or not.

I use Feliway as a stress reducer. I have a very timid/scared siamese mix and any time I spray his area or around the house he is an absolute love bug. This stuff seems to relax him, is anxiety isn't so high. He will come out of hiding no matter the noise level the first day or two after I spray.

Let us know if it works for the scratching and urine problems.

starcrossd03

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
We use the Feliway diffusers as a stress-reliever, and it's worked wonders with our kitties...just plug it into the wall and there's a noticeable difference in their behavior. I don't know if the kind of outlets you have there would make a difference, but you could always get a converter. With our cats, it helped to calm them down and ease some aggressive behavior, but I didn't notice a difference in how much they scratched up different things. We did get some "No Scratch Spray" to spray on the furniture, but that didn't make much of a difference either...they're persistent!
In any case, I highly recommend Feliway, but I think all cats react to it differently...and it can get a little pricey, even here in the US!