This is upsetting

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Along with my camera, my folks got me an HP Photosmart all in one printer and I've so been looking forward to getting all of my old pics scanned and saved.
I dug out my box of photos and discovered about 90% of them were ruined!
Water damage, likely from my previous rental

Most were of no consquence, but some of them were of my deceased kitty and dog as well as most of my baby Spaz pics.

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is soo sad
Those items are IRREPLACEABLE - I have met people who've lost their homes in disasters and they often say that losing photos is one of the most difficult losses (next to losing a pet
). I'm glad that your future pictures will be scanned and saved in a different format. Did you send any pics out to friends or relatives, who might have a copy to be used as a replacement??

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No, but somewhere I do have the negatives thankfully, unless they ended up ruined too.
They weren't stored together though, so they're probably ok, where ever they may be.

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Arlyn

No, but somewhere I do have the negatives thankfully, unless they ended up ruined too.
They weren't stored together though, so they're probably ok, where ever they may be.
PHEW!!! I hope that you find the negatives safe and sound

sar

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh dear!

That's great that you have the negatives though!
There are some places - in the UK anyway - where they can restore images and create new photographs from damaged ones! I guess you could find out if there is anything/anyone similar who could do that for you too? (you even get new negatives with them!)

willie'slove

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
See, those are my favorite things. Pictures. And when something happens to my memory, I get very agrivated, so I know how you must feel.

My neighbors went away one time and I was watching their house. Well, while they were away, someone stole their car!! The police found it dumpwhere ed (with most of the stuff still in it) somea few miles away. They have kids too, so its good they weren't in the car.

But anyway, the point is that one of the things stolen was the camcorder and camera, where they had pictures and video from the vacation, and from prior times. Something they cant replace at all!!!!