Need some legal advice plz!! possible vet techs, or a vet?

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok ok-heres the scoop. I told ya all about putting to sleep a "stray" puppy and come to find out, the vet didnt do it. Right? Well............one more thing we find out is that these dogs actually DID in fact belong to a woman who runs a "kennel"(if thats what ya wanna call it) but these 4 dogs were her "yard dogs" and somehow managed to escape and get 3 miles away from home. Yeah ok well heres the deal I am having, if these were her "yard" dogs, why didnt any of them have any type of ID? They were full of fleas,ticks and worms. Well, I guess the VET decided to give out some personal info to this woman and now she thinks she deserves the remaining weiner dog. Well we all dont think she needs him back, due to her neglegence of the dog. And well so I guess is what Im wondering, is did that vet have any right giving out info to another customer?? I mean I think he should get in some sort of trouble for this and lying about putting the dog to sleep as well.

I dunno.........
I have tried looking up some sort of laws in regards to vets, but am having no luck.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am not good at any of this.. but at least here my old vet was known not to put animals down and there was nothing that was done... Other than alot of angry folks... If she wants the other dog back ask her to give you the registration papers, shot records ie proof she did own the dog and little dogs arent outdoor dogs
I would call the local humane society or aspca if you can and ask , likely if there is legal ground theyll know it ..

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Here are the statutes pertaining to kennel operators in Kansas:http://www.animallaw.info/statutes/s...35.htm#s9_24_1
She needs to have a license to claim to be a kennel operator, which means she needs to have the necessary paperwork including inspection reports, pay the yearly fees, etc. If she is, then she is in violation of the "husbandry" portion of the statutes, as she failed to keep the dogs free from insects and pests. She may want to reconsider her claim.....

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Something should be done about this guy! Good luck with finding some help.
I can't believe the stories we're hearing on TCS lately about vets!