Twinkie's Pulling Out Blu's Hair With His Teeth

mbd1974

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My boy, Twinkie, who is almost 6 months old, loves to wrestle with my female cat, Blu, who is 5 yrs old. Most of the time, it's just playful fighting, but sometimes he seems to really get into it and will even bite her back and pull out clumps of her hair with his teeth.

We had her for several months before we got him, and I think that he may be trying to challenge her authority in the house. I feel sorry for her, tho, because she is a mild-mannered, timid pet. She acts like she enjoys the playing as long as he doesn't get too rough, then she starts hissing and growling.

What can I do to stop this behavior? I intend to get him fixed within the next month, but I don't know if that will put an end to it.

Any suggestions?

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
They must be fixed sooner than next month ......... Twinkie at 6 months old can get (and may have already) Blue pregnant. He is exhibiting sexual mounting behavior. You need to keep them separated until you can get them both neutered and spayed.

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Im sorry ... I just saw where you said "him" fixed next month..... I thought you said "them" ...... He is sexually mature and needs to be neutered ....

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pami

They must be fixed sooner than next month ......... Twinkie at 6 months old can get (and may have already) Blue pregnant. He is exhibiting sexual mounting behavior. You need to keep them separated until you can get them both neutered and spayed.
There was nothing stated that Blu was unspayed. At 5 years old I'd assume that she is and that separating them to prevent pregnancy isn't necessary.

EDIT: LOL You edited while I was typing, hehe

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mbd1974

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Blu is spayed already, and my vet won't do Twinkie's surgery until he is 6 months. I tried to get her to do it earlier, but she said she won't do it unless they are spraying or trying to breed.

Will Twinkie even try to mate with Blu if she can't go in heat?

commonoddity042

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mbd1974

Blu is spayed already, and my vet won't do Twinkie's surgery until he is 6 months. I tried to get her to do it earlier, but she said she won't do it unless they are spraying or trying to breed.

Will Twinkie even try to mate with Blu if she can't go in heat?
Toms will try to mate any female they can catch.