This is my kitten!
http://hackingthemainframe.com/coppe...up&cat=1&pos=2
This picture was taken yesturday.
Guess how old it is?
A) 1 month
B) 6 months
c) 2 Months
D) 3 1/2 months

D is the correct answer, she is a long hair cat to. She has trouble breathing, but it has gotten alot better in the last 3 weeks. She just learned how to climb up stairs yesturday! Im so pround of her. She love sleeping by the heater, and will stay there 90% of the day.
Why isnt she growing anymore.

evepie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
she's absoloutely beautiful. But i really have no idea why she isn't growing. i'd never had said D was the answer. I'm assuming you've seen a vet? what has the vet said?

tnr1

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by eatsleep

This is my kitten!
http://hackingthemainframe.com/coppe...up&cat=1&pos=2
This picture was taken yesturday.
Guess how old it is?
A) 1 month
B) 6 months
c) 2 Months
D) 3 1/2 months

D is the correct answer, she is a long hair cat to. She has trouble breathing, but it has gotten alot better in the last 3 weeks. She just learned how to climb up stairs yesturday! Im so pround of her. She love sleeping by the heater, and will stay there 90% of the day.
Why isnt she growing anymore.
Have you taken her to the vet?? If so, what do they think? If not...it is time for her to have her initial shots.

Katie

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

eatsleep

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Money

It cost up to $80 just to see the vet for 10 mins. We dont have that kind of money, we are in the process of get are full cat snipped

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You really need to find a cheaper vet, or reconsider whether you should have a cat if you can't afford basic care. She's very small, and we can only offer so many reasons for it.

She really needs to get a thorough vet check to see if there's something wrong with her. Please think about whether keeping her is the best thing for her.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If this is a stray kitten, the mom might have been very young - like 5-6 months old when the kittens were born; thus any kitten would be underdeveloped.

If the kitten is having breathing problems, that might be a reason too.

Ling's mom was 6 or 7 months old when she had the litter. While Ling's background probably has siamese/oriental (which makes her smaller to begin with), she is only about 7 lbs - and looks like about 6-7 months old when she was a year in May. She's just a small cat.

beckiboo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Is she the product of inbreeding? The previous kittens I have seen that are excessively small were inbred for several generations. She is cute, but does not look like a healthy 3 month old cat.

Maybe she has worms...has she ever been checked? That should be fairly inexpensive, and would cause trouble gaining weight. The trouble breathing is pretty scary, too. Maybe she had a bad infection?!?

tnr1

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by eatsleep

Money

It cost up to $80 just to see the vet for 10 mins. We dont have that kind of money, we are in the process of get are full cat snipped
So you have another cat that is intact?? Yes...you need to get it fixed ASAP. There is a link below to low cost clinics by state:

http://www.lovethatcat.com/spayneuter.html

As far as the kitten....she should have been dewormed at 6 weeks of age as well as received a series of FCVRP shots. Being financially able to care for a cat is very important.

Katie

tortiebaby

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Do you have a humane society near you? Maybe you could take her there and have them check her out. They aren't vets, but they are usually pretty knowledgable because of their experience so maybe they can give you some advice. I hope your kitty is fine. My cat is full grown and only weighs about 4 lbs.

I was at the vet a couple weeks ago and they had a kitten that looked about 4-5 wks old but it was actually 2 1/2 months old! They said it was the smallest they had ever seen, but I think yours beats it!

Status
Not open for further replies.