Am I a hypochondriac Meowmy?

jessy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
As I've mentioned on here before, Villy has been getting sores on her lower lip and chin. Sometimes they have dried blood on them. It's been about 3 weeks, they appear, then clear up and go, then appear again in a different location.
She has a vets appointment in 1 hour, but am I wasting the vets time and my money?
I think it's best to get it checked as it's obviously not clearing up on it's own, but am I stressing her out unnecessarily?

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Peace of mind is never a waste of time or money

Better to take her in for something extremely minor and have the vet alleviate your fears than to wait until it becomes something major.

angelkitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Better to be safe then sorry.. I always say.. I'd rather know nothing is wrong, then never get it checked and something was wrong!!!

Side note;;I'm a hypochondric meowmy too, and Hypochondric Mommy as well. (MY poor daughter,, i flip out at the little sniffle)

Heather

abacat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I don't think you are. I've had Abby for eight months and she's been to the vet's four times. I think it's better to be safe than sorry. If it's something that doesn't seem right you're better off finding out it was nothing than waiting till it's something major.

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know I am one. My vet said she should name the treatment room the Cynthia room I've had her there so often. Fortunately all for minor things.

And I don't even want to admit to one of the dumb (embarassing) things I took Swanie in for.

But I do believe better to get it checked out, then to wish you had later.

By the way, what did the Vet say about Villy? It sounds like the same thing Cindy gets, the vet said it was chin acne.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jessy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Misty8723

And I don't even want to admit to one of the dumb (embarassing) things I took Swanie in for.

By the way, what did the Vet say about Villy? It sounds like the same thing Cindy gets, the vet said it was chin acne.
Hi, thanks everyone, sorry not to have responded sooner, been away for a couple of days.

Go on, tell us, what was it you took her in for?!

The vet says she has spots, so maybe this is feline acne? A couple of them have had puss in :-( She has a weeks course of antibiotics and has to go back if it doesn't clear up.

After reading on here, I've stopped using plastic bowls for her.