Eyeglasses...

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Has anyone had a pair of the new titanium rimless eyeglasses? I went today and pick out a pair... The optimologist said they are one of the best on the market now. You can bend them, twist them, step on them and they will go right back into place... also the lenses are a special plastic that is totally unbreakable. You can hit them with a hammer and they don't scratch, break or chip... has anyone had a pair of these? Did you like them?

I got a soft pink frame
and oval lenses.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I do need to make an eye appt-I'll have to see if they carry these frames.

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That sounds interesting. I have never heard of them. I wonder if they are available in Canada, since I need to get a new pair of glasses soon. The ones I got less than a year ago have a big scratch on them.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I will definalty post pics and let everyone know!
I pick them up next thursday... This will be my 5th pair in 3 yrs
I am rough on glasses, bracelets and necklaces

lilleah

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I've seen them..But didn't want to spend the extra money for them.
I liked them though....But I'm not rough on my glasses, because I only wear them like once a week. Because I HATE GLASSES!
I'm legally blind without corrective lenses. Yes, that's right, legally blind.
I honestly cannot see anything. I'll walk into walls, I couldnt even IMAGINE driving a car. lol..Like I'd ever make it down the stairs, and then find my car somehow anyways.
But yeah..I've seen those glasses..Pretty neat in fact.
I do currently like the glasses I have, but I just can't stand how you can't look down or up a certain way. My SO likes them too..He says I look like "naughty librarian"..in a couple different words.

shengmei

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My mother spent the last ten years trying to convince me to switch to contact lences because I will never find a man unless I ditch my glasses.

What does she know? Some men dig glasses....A LOT.....

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by shengmei

My mother spent the last ten years trying to convince me to switch to contact lences because I will never find a man unless I ditch my glasses.

What does she know? Some men dig glasses....A LOT.....

My Dh thinks I also have that "evil/naughty schoolteacher or librarian look... trust me, if a man likes you it will be with or without the glasses

lilleah

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by DixieDarlin256

My Dh thinks I also have that "evil/naughty schoolteacher or librarian look... trust me, if a man likes you it will be with or without the glasses
Yeah, but when they start to have dreams about you in your glasses, there lies a problem.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My eyes have been on strike the past two days and refuse to like my contacts much to my dismay! So i've been wearing my glasses the past two days. I definitely like contacts better, but with chronic dry eye and a really really severe silicon allergy I can only wear the Acuview One a Days ( i usually put them in solution and reuse them for 2-3 days). I have really bad eye allergies, so I would love some really breathable contacts, but unfortunately, all of the new breathable ones (oaysis and others....) are mostly silicon based- and well, let's just say i'm beyond allergic! (I found that out a few yrs back when I swam competitively and had to go to the hopsital after trying out a new pair of goggles one practice- the rims on them were silicone). So the most breathable disposable contacts for people with silicon allergies are the one a days at the moment, so i just put up with it. I actually think i have an infection in my eye or something right now so I might run into the eye doc next week- i haven't been able to wear contacts in my right eye all week. I did see some of those cute titanium glasses when I picked out my pairs a few months back- they seem like they hold up and work well