Not so lovely lady lumps....lol

menagerie mama

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I haven't been around too much lately, busy busy....but I have been on a new eating plan for about 2 weeks now and it has been going very well! I eat small meals throughout the day, consisting of mostly protein but some good carbs too. I've lost 8 pounds so far, I feel much better, and can feel it a little in my body too. But I still don't look good in jeans....my friend told me I should get some different jeans to accent my body differently, she hates my old cheap jeans, and frankly so do I but it's hard to find jeans that fit me, I'm shaped funny, I guess...
.... She borrowed me a pair to try on of the style she would like me to buy. The problem is, I think I look FAT in them! Is it just me, or do I really look fat? (Well I'm PMSing too so that would make the jeans too small this week too...lol) How can you get over the thought of looking fat and just wear the dang jeans anyway? I think people will be like "look at that fat girl wearing those jeans!" I am doing really good so far so I'm trying to look more positively at myself, but jeans are evil, lol....I am having a pity party for sure, but I would like your advice on how to get over the scariness of evil jeans!

beckiboo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have recently lost 8 pounds too, by joining Sparkpeople with other TCS'ers. Sometimes as I begin to lose, I get overwhelmed by how much I have let myself go. Today, I started thinking...who would be happy to be DOWN to ___ (my still HIGH weight!). Then I decided instead I would consider...what if I lose 8 pounds 5 more times?!? Then I will have lost 45 more pounds, and will be at a good weight for my height!

Good job on losing weight. Don't let your negative self talk beat you down. You are now svelte, and a true hottie. Congrats!

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
8lbs in 2 weeks is great and while those jeans *might* not look great on you now, think what they will look like in another 8lbs.

Plus whether you wear the jeans she chooses or the cheap old ones you wear, its still the same body inside them! So just go for it, after a day of wearing them you may have got lots of compliments on how great you look!

lilleah

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I agree with certain styles of Jeans making you look fat.
Totally.
I hate it..
I have like 4 pair that are stuck in the back of my closet because I HATE THE WAY LOOK ON ME! Just even the feel of them has made it impossible to wear them, mostly because I know I hate them.
I suggest going to the store, and trying on different styles and brands..I did, and I found like 2 brands that totally accentuate my awesomeness..And I couldnt live without a few pairs of great jeans.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I can relate too.

Seriously, you should join us on sparkpeople.com. It's helping me a lot. I'm learning a lot from the website and sort of working with some of the girls from here is a good motivation. When I'm not feeling like I want to follow my new plan, I think of the other girls and I feel like we're a team so I can't let them down.

I'm trying to imagine myself in clothse like I used to wear as motivation some, but it is kind of discouraging. So I think just small steps is what I need to focus on. Like Yes I did all my exercises today! Stuff like that.

happyhendrix

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I know how you feel. I bought two pairs of jeans a while ago. One fits great the other pair just make me look and feel so fat. so I dont wear them till I lose weight!

pombina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The cats house, we just pay the mortgage..
Shannon, well done on losing 8lbs! thats great!
I have the same problem. I am not fat and I know it (thats not me being conceited, my weight is clinically perfectly healthy) I just feel out of proportion. I feel like my behind is too big for my body and sometimes I don't think about it, other times I just won't even go out because nothing looks right on me. Its pretty soul destroying at times to feel that way when you look in the mirror.
I could buy an outfit and think, 'wow I look great in this!' then I wear it out and put it on another time to go out and think 'oh my word I look enormous in this, what was I thinking?' then it never gets taken out again.
It is all in our heads, thats a fact. I try to compliment people every single day because I know how I feel when somebody tells me I look nice, I start to think..well maybe I do?
Im sure you look lovely in your jeans, sometimes it does pay to spend a bit more on jeans so that you get a better shape for your body and they flatter your shape more than cheap, shapeless jeans.
There is someone I work with who is really slim but when she wears her jeans she looks about 2 sizes bigger because they are all baggy around her backside and tight around her waste. She needs to spend a little extra on jeans that fit her properly.
Ok long post over

sar

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congratulations, Shannon! I bet you're looking and feeling great!

Originally Posted by Pombina

There is someone I work with who is really slim but when she wears her jeans she looks about 2 sizes bigger because they are all baggy around her backside and tight around her waste. She needs to spend a little extra on jeans that fit her properly.
You laughing at the way I wear my jeans?
Although, they aren't tight around my waist, they're just (two sizes too big) baggy!

Shannon, you just need to go and try on a great deal of differnt styles and shapes of jeans - everyone has their own preference (even though Lauren thinks I look daft!
) You just need to be happy with the ones that you choose to look and feel good in!

enkeli-kitten

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
In my opinion jeans can make even the skinniest one look...not so great!

I think I look 'fat' in jeans too, but really, try not to care about that! Just be confident and be yourself! And if others really are thinking "look at that fat girl wearing jeans" then that is their problem and you don't have to think of it!!
But most people are too worried about what THEY look like to notice anyone else! Even the skinny ones! I am 167cm and 65kg so I'm not the skinniest either so it's not just someone who doesn't know how you feel saying this! Sometimes I'm slightly paranoid too
but so long as you're confident and happy, people will love you no matter what you look like! Let your beautiful personality shine!!

Pretend you see two people of the same size walking down a street. They're both the curvy type. One is wearing beautiful, brightly coloured clothes. She walks with a swing in her step and she looks really happy. She seems to glow with a special, attractive light. She's not feeling insecure or unhappy. She's enjoying life!
Then imagine the other girl, She's wearing dark, baggy clothes and her face looks nervous and miserable. She's slouched over to try and make herself less visible. She's wondering how many people are staring at her thinking how fat she is. She's wasting her life with worry and unhappiness.

Which would you rather be?? And which would you rather have for your friend? Surely it's much nicer to be happy! Imagine never having to worry about ANYTHING. Well, guess what. You DON'T! What a relief!!!

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
8 pounds -that's great!!!!
What I would do is go toTJ Maxx or marshalls and try on lots of jeans at really good prices!!! I remember watching that Orpah episode with the jeans-I went out and bought a better fitting pair (BTW I only have one pair!!)
Get a belt too that works well with them.
I have not waist (never have) so any pants can be a trial to find to begin with.
Good luck on your continued weight loss!!

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congrats on the weight loss. Though it may be a small step it is a step and it is results!! Your should join us on www.sparkpeople.com We have a TCS group and its just an awesome site. If youo do join our group name is TCSers!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

menagerie mama

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by enkeli-kitten

Pretend you see two people of the same size walking down a street. They're both the curvy type. One is wearing beautiful, brightly coloured clothes. She walks with a swing in her step and she looks really happy. She seems to glow with a special, attractive light. She's not feeling insecure or unhappy. She's enjoying life!
Then imagine the other girl, She's wearing dark, baggy clothes and her face looks nervous and miserable. She's slouched over to try and make herself less visible. She's wondering how many people are staring at her thinking how fat she is. She's wasting her life with worry and unhappiness.

Which would you rather be?? And which would you rather have for your friend? Surely it's much nicer to be happy! Imagine never having to worry about ANYTHING. Well, guess what. You DON'T! What a relief!!!
I wanna be the bright happy girl!
I wore the jeans she borrowed me out last night and my friends are really honest when you ask their opinion, and said the jeans looked great and made my butt look better. I started to believe them!!
So now I'm gonna go to the mall and get some more pairs. Only maybe two though cuz I plan to lose more weight and then they'll be too big!
Thanks for all the support guys, I think we all feel a little self concious and need a boost!

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
congrats on the weight loss! Just wanted to make 2 suggestions for jeans, I don't know you're size, but I'm "thick"
and happy too BTW
but try to choose jeans that 1. flare at the ankle, tapered ankle is a BIG no-no and 2. sit right on your hips, no not hip huggers, but the waist line rests right on your hips, in other words, not above your belly button
the combo of these two work wonders! good luck with the jean shopping!

menagerie mama

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katiemae1277

congrats on the weight loss! Just wanted to make 2 suggestions for jeans, I don't know you're size, but I'm "thick"
and happy too BTW
but try to choose jeans that 1. flare at the ankle, tapered ankle is a BIG no-no and 2. sit right on your hips, no not hip huggers, but the waist line rests right on your hips, in other words, not above your belly button
the combo of these two work wonders! good luck with the jean shopping!
Hehe, I failed both of those conditions with my other jeans....I went to Old Navy today to try to buy the same jeans she borrowed me, and her 16 regulars were just the right length, but their regulars were WAY too long! How is that possible since they're from the same place? So I tried 16 short, I hope that wasn't a big no-no! But they seemed to fit ok....
OMG I'm bad at this...and seeing all the dressed up girls walking around made me feel fat again....lol....

marie-p

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the
I think jeans shopping is a nightmare for just about anyone. I don't know anyone who has an easy time finding jeans that fit... makes me wonder who they design them for. Some sort of alien species??

Anyways, good job on the weight loss. Keep taking good care of yourself and be confident.

reddicequeen

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Congrats on the weight loss. I am on high protein low carbs too. Its difficult to lose weight , but with my sugar problem that is the best. You must be short if you think a 16 is a large size. Best thing is comfort and how pretty you feel in something. 20 people can tell you , you look great, but if you dont feel great ...its kind of pointless.
If you are short...flare bottoms will make you look shorter and chubbier *g*
If you have an Avenue store they have some great styles and good prices. . They also have online coupons. and an online store.
I bought a treadmill and have been using that because the extra activity seems to boost my mood!
I have a lifetime membership at USA fitness but they havent seen me since my son was born...he's 25 *hahhahahha

menagerie mama

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by reddicequeen

You must be short if you think a 16 is a large size. If you are short...flare bottoms will make you look shorter and chubbier *g*
I am short, abotu 5'4 and 170 pounds....I have a small frame but carry a lot of weight on it....See, and katiemae mentioned wearing jeans that flare out makes you look thinner?

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by menagerie mama

I am short, abotu 5'4 and 170 pounds....I have a small frame but carry a lot of weight on it....See, and katiemae mentioned wearing jeans that flare out makes you look thinner?
well I'm 5'6" and my mom is 5'4" and she looks waaaay better wearing the flare type jeans.... to me, the longer line of the flares elongates you, in the jeans that taper at your ankle that will "cut you off" right there, do you know i mean? I am a size 18-20 and would NEVER wear any other kind of jean than a flare or boot cut... you're in the size range for Lane Bryant, try going there to find some jeans, they have great ones, the're the only kind i wear, a little pricey, but worth it! Oh, one more tip, try to pick jeans that are the thicker denim, not your typical stretchy kind, they cling to places you do not want them too
the thick denim hangs rather than clings

ETA: and get whatever jeans fit you, different brands and even different styles within tht brand can differ greatly.... ideally you want the cuff of the jean to be right above the floor, don't want them to fray!