tamiflu saved my kitties

arcanix1109

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I just signed up today and wanted to share with the world my experience with tamiflu...I had taken a four month old cat to the vet because the cat wasn't eating. The vet said took blood said the white blood count was low and the cat had a fever. The vet said "It's probably just a virus." He gave the cat some meds and the cat was fine for a week. I took the cat back in -the white blood was almost zero and the vet said it could be distemper. The cat died the next day. So a few days later another one of my cats got sick, then the next day another one and then the next day another one for a total of three that were at the vet's office. All of them had fevers around 107 and no white blood count. He gave them tamiflu, along with fluids for five days. All three lived and are back home with me. He also gave me tamiflu to give my other cats at home. (I have a lot of cats). Everyone is fine. I just want everyone out there to know that Tamiflu works miracles for distemper. I hope this information is useful to someone who might be going through the same thing.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

arcanix1109

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks, I am enjoying this website. It's just too bad that I didn't find it earlier and maybe someone could have helped me with Kodak. I don't blame the vet. I am so grateful that he figured it out and saved the other cats. Believe me, if you would have seen the other cats, you would have said "I don't think they are going to make it." Sometimes symptoms of distemper come on so fast, cat owners think that their cat has been poisoned. (I have done a ton of research.) That's what happened with my cats. Since 2 of the 4 have had their shots my vet thinks it is variant strain of distemper...I am really grateful for this website. A lot of my friends think I am crazy for paying such a high vet bill and I know you guys understand that you can't put a price on your pet.

bella713

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Arcanix1109

Thanks, I am enjoying this website. It's just too bad that I didn't find it earlier and maybe someone could have helped me with Kodak. I don't blame the vet. I am so grateful that he figured it out and saved the other cats. Believe me, if you would have seen the other cats, you would have said "I don't think they are going to make it." Sometimes symptoms of distemper come on so fast, cat owners think that their cat has been poisoned. (I have done a ton of research.) That's what happened with my cats. Since 2 of the 4 have had their shots my vet thinks it is variant strain of distemper...I am really grateful for this website. A lot of my friends think I am crazy for paying such a high vet bill and I know you guys understand that you can't put a price on your pet.
My heart goes out to you losing your sweet kitty Kodak
And as far as the price I agree with you, I would pay or do anything to save my babies too. Some people just don't understand but everyone here will, please stick around this is a great place to come to for support and very good information and a lot of fun!!! Give those sweet kitties hugs from me

angelkitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You poor thing,, I'm soo sorry about the lose of your kitty.... That's amazing though that Tamiflu saved your furbabies lives.. Thanks for letting us know!!

cat mommy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the good information. How scary that must have been with your poor babies all sick at once. Glad the meds helped
Sorry for poor Kodak.

Welcome
to TCS!!

ericanicole

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
wonderful to hear your cats are on the right track and thanks for the useful info. sometimes a post can save a life!

Welcome and feel free to post your heart out!

purrfectpersian

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I just got Tamiflu for my puppy I got that came with  Parvo. It cured her too. You have to catch them with it quick for it to work.. get your pet in right away.. if you see it sick.  Glad your cats  made it through.  I'm glad my vet knew to use it.. A lot of vets would have just treated with antibiotics which don't help a virus anyway. What the vet told me was that the Tamiflu treats any secondary infections and its the dehydration that's what kills most of them not the actual  Parvovirus..  She also gave her an antivomitting shot.