Cat litterbox where you sift, then turn it upside down

c1atsite

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi all. I've been absent from this wonderful site for sometime but I'm back everyone! Once upon a time I saw a litterbox where you sift, then turn it upside down to get it ready (full) again. from what I remember it fits into a corner. I think it might have been on QVc/Home Shopping or one of those (or an infomercial)

MY QUESTIONS: What's the name of it? What site can I go to to buy it? If you have it, what do you think of it?

Thanks and I'm glad to be back here

lilleah

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow! I know exzactly what you are talking about.
And the bad part is..I can't remember the name either.
But I think I seen it on a home shopping network/QVC thing like you said.
Wierd..I really wish I could give you the name..But I'm Stumped.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

c1atsite

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
oh, the roll type called omega paw rollaway is hooded. guess i won't be getting that one. my cats need the non-hooded type. but rollaway is getting rave reviews on amazon.com .... if i had lots of money i'd try all 3, oh well .... i'm so glad to be back here
http://www.omegapaw.com/RollAwayReg.html

gizmocat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
All I can think of is the cat playing 'roll the box' when you don't want her to. This gadget sounds like a good idea in theory, but how does it work in practice? Has anyone actually used one?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

c1atsite

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by gizmocat

All I can think of is the cat playing 'roll the box' when you don't want her to.
Ha, imagine!
but i think the bottom is flat to the ground

anyhoo I think i'll get the hoodless type

gizmocat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would very much like to hear from anyone who has used it. It is quite impractical for me since I have a tiny bathroom; it's eaiser to just scoop the box.
Most problems with cleaning the box have more to do with litter than with the box design.

lavie1028

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I actually have the hooded rolling one. I've had it for about a month and have no complaints over it. Only thing that worries me is that the inside of the litter box is pretty small, and I'm afraid my kitten will outgrow it. All you have to do is tip the box, the clumps are seperated from the rest of the litter through a filter, while tipping it, the lumps land on the roof of the hood, and then when flipping it back upright, the clumps fall into the scoop, and the litter comes back out to the main area where the cat does his business. Its really useful, and takes seconds to scoop.
Plus it cost me about $25 at petco.

gizmocat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you for the report. It is an interesting idea, but why is the actual box so small? Does the product come in different sizes?

jaycee

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lavie1028

I actually have the hooded rolling one. I've had it for about a month and have no complaints over it. Only thing that worries me is that the inside of the litter box is pretty small, and I'm afraid my kitten will outgrow it. All you have to do is tip the box, the clumps are seperated from the rest of the litter through a filter, while tipping it, the lumps land on the roof of the hood, and then when flipping it back upright, the clumps fall into the scoop, and the litter comes back out to the main area where the cat does his business. Its really useful, and takes seconds to scoop.
Plus it cost me about $25 at petco.
your lucky, they dont carry it at my petco, but if your kitty outgrows it, you can buy the larger size one online (it comes in medium and large).

familytimerags

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by jaycee

http://www.drsfostersmith.com/Produc...&N=2002+113307

here is the rolling one. i really want it.
We tried a few of these exact ones, we bought them at Walmart. I can't remember the price, my husband picked them up. We used them for a bit, but it wasn't worth the money, the plastic damaged easily, the litter didn't always make it where it should and could sometimes be more of a mess. It was also no fun to completely clean and santize every so often. It wasn't long before they found the trash. It may be a good product for those with one or two cat households.

The corner one that lifts up at the handles, was the worst one we ever tried, the handles always broke off, leaving it a big mess to clean everytime, I would say if one is to try one the rolling one is a bit better, IMO.

jaycee

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by FamilytimeRags

We tried a few of these exact ones, we bought them at Walmart. I can't remember the price, my husband picked them up. We used them for a bit, but it wasn't worth the money, the plastic damaged easily, the litter didn't always make it where it should and could sometimes be more of a mess. It was also no fun to completely clean and santize every so often. It wasn't long before they found the trash. It may be a good product for those with one or two cat households.

The corner one that lifts up at the handles, was the worst one we ever tried, the handles always broke off, leaving it a big mess to clean everytime, I would say if one is to try one the rolling one is a bit better, IMO.
wow i started talking to another customer in petsmart one day when were in the litter box aisle and she couldnt stop raving about the one she has! said shes had it for two years and its the best thing she ever bought! she did say you have to roll it more than once if you dont do it every day. how many cats do you have?

familytimerags

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
We have many cats, so I am sure that had a lot to do with it, and we were using Swheat Scoop litter, which tended to be a little "gummy". We now use WBCL, which would probably work a little better. It may be a good box for a one or two cat household and someone turn it over a few times a day.

However, the corner ones with the handles, I wouldn't recommend for even a single cat household, the handles broke on each box.

adhzedan

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My parents have a rolling litterbox that I picked out for our cat. It seemed pretty big to me. It's good if you want to do a quick sift and you're in a rush but I used to scoop it by hand whenever I could to make sure I got everything.

The one main problem I have with the litter box is that things tend to stick to the walls and ceiling when you roll, especially if your cat gets the runs or doesn't cover her poop.

leonard

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
YEA! bought the litter spinner actually works. both my cats use same box Costco had better price than company website