Radio question of the day: 09/06/06

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What was your favorite Halloween costume you've ever worn?

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kittylover4ever

What was your favorite Halloween costume you've ever worn?
Sorority Girl... I got a sweatshirt from a friend of mine with her letters on it. I wore a huge red and blond wig, and put on tons of makeup. Under all of that I had a shaved head! My friends thought it was great!

DH was Ash from Army of Darkness complete with the chainsaw arm!

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Growing up, my Grandma used to hand make all of our (mine, my sister's and my cousin's) Halloween costumes, so we had some really cute ones for when we were little, like a leopard and a ghost and a couple others, I really missed those after my grandma passed.

luckygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was an awesome Scarlett O'Hara, I had the red dress and everything!

And I have to say, I was one smokin hot Wonder Woman! Hubby went and got me a black whip, then spray painted it metallic gold, and tied it up like her lasso with fishing line....brilliant! All night I kept using my gold cuffs like lasers were coming out "PING! PING!"
I even got a huge wig to wear!

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
2 yrs ago I kept telling myself I wasn't going to dress up.
Puh-lease! I ended up wearing devil horns with angel wings, and a halo... a devil's tail. I even had a shirt that said "Angel or Devil?" (had the shirt months before halloween). I put red glitter all over my body and hair... It was a hit! The kids thought it was the coolest thing and I even wore it to work... Hmm... wonder if I still have that shirt?

luckygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by jugen

I thought once I made a pretty hot cat woman! Now it's sitting in my closet waiting for me to loose a few pounds again!
Yeah, I was a hot wonder woman 6 years ago....I don't think I could even get the bottoms up now! Plus cellulite wouldn't look so hot hangin out the back of short shorts!

mirinae

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lookingglass

DH was Ash from Army of Darkness complete with the chainsaw arm!
My boyfriend did this one year, too. The chainsaw was only cardboard and tinfoil (splattered with a heavy helping of fake blood, of course), but it looked really good. He was quite proud of himself. Actually, he typically has very good costumes: One year he and a friend dressed up as Jehovah Witness zombies (nice-looking but blood-splattered clothing, zombie makeup, carrying bibles and going door-to-door asking "Have you found ... brains?"); another year he was "midway-through-transformation Superman" (Superman T-shirt under a half-opened dress shirt, glasses askew, Superman curl in the middle of his forehead). This year I think he's going as "Jayne" from Firefly/Serenity, and I'll either be Inara or Kaylee.

My best costume was years and years ago: I was the Headless Horseman. I wore my father's trenchcoat, pulled up over my head, with what looked like a bloody cloth in the neck (on top of my head) so that it looked like my head had been chopped off (I peered out of the front of the coat, between some buttons); one arm of the coat was stuffed with the hand tucked in a pocket and my severed head (a plastic pumpkin) tucked in the crook of the arm. The coat was big enough that I could wear my winter jacket underneath (a necessity on October 31 in northern Ontario), and had one hand inside the coat to keep the buttons open so I could see -- the other hand was free for candy and doorbell-ringing. I wish I had pictures to post -- I won contests that year!

emily_325

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When I was in high school my mom and I stumbled upon some beautiful cream drapery fabric SUPER CHEAP. We made a medieval gown for me out of it complete with a crown of flowers w/ ribbon streamers, braided rope belt, button sleeves, faux button back, a train, etc. It was so beautiful. Its still in a closet at my parents house because I can't bring myself to part with it. There's no WAY I could fit in it now though...

marie-p

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the
I had a few I really liked... especially the sandwich costume and the christmas tree one. Neither of them were very convenient (it was hard to go through doors) but they were fun!

Best one though was my older brother... he made a robot costume and used some battery-operated construction toys to build a scoop where people would put the candy and then by pressing a button, he made the scoop move and put the candy in a box inside the costume. Then, the person handing out candy would then call everyone else in the house to come and see this and put more candy in. That way, my brother usually got twice as much candy as anyone else

jugen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LuckyGirl

Yeah, I was a hot wonder woman 6 years ago....I don't think I could even get the bottoms up now! Plus cellulite wouldn't look so hot hangin out the back of short shorts!
I hear ya! spandex and cellulite is NOT a good combination now is it!
Oh well, there's always humpty dumpty for me!

lokismum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I dress up as a black cat every year to hand out goodies at the door! It's quite a hit with the kiddies, especially when Loki joins me!

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lessee - there was my ballgown which consisted of an old dress with a hula hoop in the hem (had to been all of 7 or 8).

In high school I plastered campaign buttons and bumper stickers all over my shirt - I was a Republican!

shengmei

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I never worn a costume. When I was young I lived in Taiwan. When I was older I was too old to treat or trick. When I became a conservative Christian Halloween became a pagan holiday for me.

My cats, however, wear costumes all the time.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I was a bathtub in the 4th grade....give me a few and I'll try to dig up a pic...

Ok here it is (click for bigger image):

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y255/LilacGlory7/bathtub.jpg

In case you can't tell, I'm wearing a pink leotard, white tights and bunny slippers...on and Grandma's shower cap. I think it had slipped down, but I also had on this terry cloth wrap that velcroed that belonged to my mother. The bathtub was made of cardboard and had packing peanuts for bubbles. The brown things at the end were 'my feet'. It also had a faucet and my rubber ducky! I blew bubbles during the parade our school had every year too. Shortly after this we stoped celebrating halloween in my family.

emily_325

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Okay....if this were a contest for coolest costume...I think the bathtub would win. That's AWESOME.

Reminds me of the costume that I always wanted to wear as a child, but I could never find a big enough box. I wanted to go as an outhouse. Paint a giant box to look like one, cut a door and TA-DA! When people opened their front doors there would just be a giant outhouse sitting there with a hand shoved through a crack in the door holding a candy bag. I was a strange child.