PTS a stray puppy :(

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Over the weekend my MIL had 3 weenie dogs and a min pin DUMPED at her house. Can ya believe it?? Why on earth would someone dump such dogs?? Anyways, they are keeping 2 of the weiner dogs and my brother and his wife took the other one and my sister was GOING to take the min pin. So I take the min pin to the vet for her(she was working and met me there afterwards) and we were gonna have his shots and all that done. They listened to his chest because he kept coughing all day and come to find out he had a BAD heart murmur and she(the vet) gave him less than 6 mos to live, it was THAT severe. And she explained to us that even on meds he probly wouldnt survive, so we made the decision to have him PTS. It totally sucked. I felt so attached to that guy, and I only knew him 24 hrs.
I keep thinking about him...........

At least we tried........I mean if we wouldnt of taken him to the vet, we would of never known, and he possibly could of just died within a week or two.
Life just stinks sometimes..

Bless his soul. RIP Little Bit.

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, bless his little heart.....what is wrong with people?? Who could just take their animals and DUMP them???

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kittylover4ever

Oh, bless his little heart.....what is wrong with people?? Who could just take their animals and DUMP them???
I know!! And she lives out in the middle of nowhere, so its not like they were just "lost". The neighbors she does have, she called and made sure they didnt belong to them or some family that may of been visiting,so they were dumped. People are just cruel!!

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awwwwww some people are just STUPID!!!! There is a special place in **** for them.

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OMG! UPDATE:

My sister just happened to call that vet today and see if they knew of any min pin breeders and guess what?? They just happened to have one brought in yesterday, that has a heart murmur and is just full of energy. Hmm.....guess what? That would be the one we took in there. They didnt put him to sleep!!
WTH? Are vets allowed to even do that?? I mean she paid them $$ and signed a form for him to be PTS.

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by catloverin_ks

OMG! UPDATE:

My sister just happened to call that vet today and see if they knew of any min pin breeders and guess what?? They just happened to have one brought in yesterday, that has a heart murmur and is just full of energy. Hmm.....guess what? That would be the one we took in there. They didnt put him to sleep!!
WTH? Are vets allowed to even do that?? I mean she paid them $$ and signed a form for him to be PTS.
WHATTTTTTTTTT????????????

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
(((((((((Major Vibes!!!!)))))))) Sweetie i'm soo sorry to hear about this!!! I'm facing a similar pts issue right now with one of my foster kittens tomorrow. I know how hard it can be. Please know that you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers tonight. Please feel free to pm me if there's anything you want to talk about -i'd be happy to listen! I'm sooo sorry that the doggie had to pass on soo soon - but look at it this way...at least he is in peace now and will not have to be in pain and deteroriate slowly and painfully had he not been pts. I applaud you for being soo brave. My heart goes out to you and your family!

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

WHATTTTTTTTTT????????????
YUP!!! You read that right!!!
They are now trying to call the vet and see what is up. What should they do? I mean this vet is so well known/liked. I think we should write an article and put it in the paper. I mean, how many others have they done this to?

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have read stories of people bringing their pets in to be put down for one reason or another, and the vet or someone there decided to adopt the pet and take on his/her problems, but it's always been with the owners knowledge..............and if they took the money to have him PTS and then they didn't do it, that's just wrong............oh please let us know what they find out.

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I have read stories of people bringing their pets in to be put down for one reason or another, and the vet or someone there decided to adopt the pet and take on his/her problems, but it's always been with the owners knowledge..............and if they took the money to have him PTS and then they didn't do it, that's just wrong............oh please let us know what they find out.
Yeah it would of been ONE thing if she would of acted at all interested in keeping the pup or thinking he may have a chance, but she was DEAD set that he had less than 6 mos to live and she didnt wanna see her put $$$ into him and get attached and then have him die. So my sister signed the papers and paid them $$$, believing he was being PTS. Now we find out he hasnt been...oh, the nerve of some people.

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OMG!!!!! I would contact the Animal Shelter and ask what can be done.Also, contact a Lawyer to ask about it.This Vet should refund the $$$ that he/she took to have the pup PTS.What in the **** is this world coming too?Do NOT let the Vet get away with this.

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by crittermom

OMG!!!!! I would contact the Animal Shelter and ask what can be done.Also, contact a Lawyer to ask about it.This Vet should refund the $$$ that he/she took to have the pup PTS.What in the **** is this world coming too?Do NOT let the Vet get away with this.
I agree. Something should be done!