Heart-shattering kitten

shadowsoul

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi guys, been busy lately with doing rescue, and you'll never believe this kitten I rescued!!! I almost fainted at his sight, am not gonna post any gory photos here, some of you might not like it, but he looks like he was hit by a vehicle, and missed, basically his left front leg is severed, and I mean severed, his bone, the femur, is exposed, no more muscle covering the bone, so when I got him, his bones are exposed, and some tissue has already developed n the upper leg where the remaining skin and fur starts. His right front leg is intact, but his fur is sloughed off, he's practically covered with dirt, and has an infected left ear. I haven't done any rescue with exposed bones, and surprisingly, the vet said he's going to live, wht a survivor. He's scheduled for amputation, as there is no other choice but to mputate the exposed bones to alleviate his pain. That sight broke my heart, I am sooo angry to whoever did this, it's as if someone strategically removed the flesh and left the bone out in the open

evepie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
well done & thankyou for helping him!!

i really hope he gets better & leads a happy, carefree life!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

shadowsoul

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
As of this morning, he's on confinement room, prepping up for surgery. The vets say he needs to be amputated and they cannot save the leg

I just feel bad the "owners" had to leave him in that state!
When I came to rescue him, the owner wouldn't even surrender the poor kitten to me, saying "just leave him, he won't die." Gawd, in a few days, he will, with all that infection he could acquire

I have already arranged paperwork for him and I will surrender him to a no-kill animal sanctuary.

He was such in a bad state the animal assistants and behaviorists wouldn't even touch him unless the vet says so
He doesn't even have a name, and inside the car, whenever I peek inside his conveyor during red lights, he would hiss at me, he was so angry at me for touching his wound, I tried medicating it with wound solution, and he has an appetite of a monster! He ate twice a day, courtesy of Oscar's catfood

I know he'll get through this, he is the bravest cat I know.

godiva

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Poor baby!

You are such an angel... so both legs will be amputated? Or just the one that is severed? I can't wait until he's well enough for you to post pictures. Sending positive vibes.....

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Poor baby!!! I sure hope he makes a full recovery from his surgury and can find a loving home where he will be loved for the rest of his days.

stormy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh that poor, poor baby!

Thanks for taking care of him. Sending lots of good health vibes his way.

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That poor baby. Bless you for getting him the care he needs. Sending lots of prayers for him.

shadowsoul

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi guys, just an update, she (I thought it's a he) was amputated now, oh, and Godiva, only her left front leg is amputated, and the sloughed off fur on her right leg will grow back. She's was painful to look at, and now she looks so much better.

She'n not anymore angry at me, when I visited her, no more hissing, and I helped the assistants clean her really dirty fur, even her ear is severly damaged because of bacteria and ear termite, so they also had to surgically trim her right ear. Her claws are soooo long it makes it painful for her to walk, so I was there and trimmed her claws. Currently transferring files, will post her rescue photos in a few.

Thanks to those who sent her good vibes

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Adding more prayers and vibes for Godiva's recovery and for a true home to be found very soon. And please give Oscar some scritches for me, for being such a trooper to share his food and his meommy for such a desparate case. I am so glad that you were willing to look beyond the horror of her injuries and see the scared,miserable kitty who needed your care, comfort and love - you are Godiva's guardian angel.
And I hope that there will be some questioning of the previous owners to see what really happened to the cat, so that future "mishaps" of the same kind don't happen to some other poor unfortunate cat.

callista

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by catsknowme

And I hope that there will be some questioning of the previous owners to see what really happened to the cat, so that future "mishaps" of the same kind don't happen to some other poor unfortunate cat.
If these injuries weren't accidental... *shudder*

I hope that they were an accident... I just hope they were, because I can't be accountable for anything I do to somebody who would deliberately do to a cat something like that.

renny

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
the poor dear....she's in my thoughts and prayers. Good vibes heading your way!!

And that owner will get what's coming to him...what goes around comes around!

shadowsoul

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
oh............my dear, pictures are a bit graphic, are these current pictures or have you any more recent ones ? Makes me fume
to think someone left her like that

Anyway, you have done an amazing thing and hopefully with your reports from the vet, she on the mend. She looks like shes gonna be a real sweetheart
:
Heres sending lots of warm healing {{{{{
}}}}} to send her to a healthy and speedy recovery !!

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh dear lord... I simply cannot believe anyone could just let her be like that! Those "owners" should definitely be charged with cruelty!

I'm so, so, so happy that you helped her, that the vets worked with her to save her, and that there is now so much interest in adopting her.
There are definitely angels walking among us!

shadowsoul

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by valanhb

Oh dear lord... I simply cannot believe anyone could just let her be like that! Those "owners" should definitely be charged with cruelty!

I'm so, so, so happy that you helped her, that the vets worked with her to save her, and that there is now so much interest in adopting her.
There are definitely angels walking among us!
Thanks valanhb, unfortunately here, animal welfare republic act is not strictly enforced. I had a sort-of "fight" with the owner, a lady, last week because of this, everyone in the neighborhood knows I am a volunteer worker for the animal sanctuary, and she didn't tell me her cat's state (apparently not her cat anymore
), a kid had to tell me. She was even asking if she can have the cat back after her healing, and I told her she had to go through rigid animal adoption screening, because I said "You did not exactly surrender your "pet" for medical attention, you abandoned her.
". Of course, she wouldn't pass the adoption screening, she is unfit for animal ownership, probably even before this happened to the poor kitten.

Originally Posted by mooficat

oh............my dear, pictures are a bit graphic, are these current pictures or have you any more recent ones ? Makes me fume
to think someone left her like that

Anyway, you have done an amazing thing and hopefully with your reports from the vet, she on the mend. She looks like shes gonna be a real sweetheart
:
Heres sending lots of warm healing {{{{{
}}}}} to send her to a healthy and speedy recovery !!
I will post her latest photo, mooficat. That was taken just last week. Vet's prognosis is that she has been like that for 2 days, 2 days of excruciating pain
. I am so relieved lots of folks are willing to welcome her to their homes

ericanicole

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
she has a sweet face, to me she looks like shes going to be a lovely cat!
Its wonderful to hear many people are looking to adopt her. I bet once she gets a taste of home life (the good kind) she will do great!

girlsetsfiyah

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
OMG. *Cringe* That poor little girl...That injury looks insanely painful...But despite that, she's a real beauty!!! What a brave little soul she is, and it's awesome to know she's doing great and healing, all thanks to you! Great job!!! *big hugs* Give her a cuddle from me! And I can't wait to see some new (less painful) pics of her!