United 93 - Has anyone seen it?

tiffanyl

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I just bought this movie last night and watched it. It was very powerful and so heartrending. The part that I thought was the saddest was when the passengers called home to say their last goodbyes to their loved ones. I cried and cried. Did anyone else see it and what did you think?

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can not and will not watch this movie. I don't need to relive it at all. The memories are still VERY fresh for me, and it would just tear me apart to see it on film.

As it was, it took me YEARS after Schindler's List was released before I could bring myself to watch it, knowing how powerful and sad it was going to be. The only reason I watched that one is because I wasn't alive during the holocaust, and DID need to experience it for myself, in a way, so that I can have the proper respect for those that lost their lives.

I am glad to hear that the filmmakers for United 93 treated this subject with the proper respect and consideration for the family members left behind, and that those of you brave enough to watch it thought that it was a good treatment.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tiffanyl

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I can't even imagine how hard it would be to watch for those that it affected.

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tiff - not to hijack, but I just LOVE your new siggy!!!!

tiffanyl

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GingersMom

Tiff - not to hijack, but I just LOVE your new siggy!!!!
Thank you! BTW...I've been thinking about Ferris. Is he doing better?

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Maybe in 20 years I will be able to watch it, but not now. I cannot imagine being one of the family members of those lost, watching the tragedy unfold. IMHO it is too soon for it even to be made.

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by TiffanyL

Thank you! BTW...I've been thinking about Ferris. Is he doing better?
He's doing fantastic, thank you for asking! I was actually able to approach him this morning for a gentle petting and scritch without him taking off on me, and he's starting to learn that he doesn't have to run away when I am walking past him.

God BLESS chicken baby food - it has made all the difference, I really, really think so!

I was worried that he might not have been socialized enough in the month he was in foster care before I got him, because he was kept in a cage with his VERY feral siblings, but his personality seems to be just right. I think he's grateful in his own little kitty way, because he's now in a place where he'll get spoiled rotten, and I think he alreadys knows that!

I'm working on getting pics - keep your eye out for a new thread within the next couple of days!

angelkitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I want to see it,, but I'm a emotional person.. Very emotional!!

I'll end up watching it,, and it'll haunt my dreams!!

Also,, I know that one of the major networks ABC is showing a movie on tv about the twin towers. The path to 9/11 this weekend on Sunday I think!!! I'm gonna watch it for sure.. Very nervous though about watching it,, being that 9/11 is Monday... Lots of bad bad memories!

Heather

tiffanyl

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GingersMom

He's doing fantastic, thank you for asking! I was actually able to approach him this morning for a gentle petting and scritch without him taking off on me, and he's starting to learn that he doesn't have to run away when I am walking past him.

God BLESS chicken baby food - it has made all the difference, I really, really think so!

I was worried that he might not have been socialized enough in the month he was in foster care before I got him, because he was kept in a cage with his VERY feral siblings, but his personality seems to be just right. I think he's grateful in his own little kitty way, because he's now in a place where he'll get spoiled rotten, and I think he alreadys knows that!

I'm working on getting pics - keep your eye out for a new thread within the next couple of days!
Aww, sounds like he is doing great! He has the best kitty mommy around!!! I can't wait to see new pics of him. I saw the one from Petfinder and he is so cute!

tiffanyl

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by angelkitty

Also,, I know that one of the major networks ABC is showing a movie on tv about the twin towers. The path to 9/11 this weekend on Sunday I think!!! I'm gonna watch it for sure.. Very nervous though about watching it,, being that 9/11 is Monday... Lots of bad bad memories!

Heather
I know, I want to see this too. I'm sure it will also be hard to watch for so many people. I will have a box of kleenex ready.

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by angelkitty

Also,, I know that one of the major networks ABC is showing a movie on tv about the twin towers. The path to 9/11 this weekend on Sunday I think!!!
I'm sure that's what i was watching here in the UK on cable on monday gone?. Is it not a documentry about the fire fighters who survived the second tower?