I'm so happy I'm so sad!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My best friend (besides DH) found out today that her baby who is due in January is a Girl!!!!
I'm soooo excited I could barely contain myself when she called to let me know at work. We both think she needs to have a girl first because her husband is the kind of guy who instead of stopping his son from jumping off a roof, would say wait a minute and make him a pair of wings out of trash bags and duct tape and slap a helmet on the kids head and say 'OK now go for it!' Actually he'd probably make both of them some wings so they can jump together....

So now we know it's a girl....but in a week she leaves for Japan! I don't typically do well with goodbyes and moving things. I'm going to miss her like crazy! I already looked, it would cost me about $1,200 to fly out there and back. I keep going between happy sappy highs and droopy poopy lows!

Anyway I just really wanted to share the HAPPY part of the news! This feels more special than when my niece and nephew were born because we've been so close for so long. All I can say is thank the Lord for the Internet so we can talk and share pics!

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by MoochNNoodles

All I can say is thank the Lord for the Internet so we can talk and share pics!
Now that's so true! Just look at how many Aunties Danielle's Jasmine has! It's almost like being there!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's such great news!!!!! I'm sorry your friend is moving- but thankfully you will be able to talk to her online and through the phone

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by kluchetta

Now that's so true! Just look at how many Aunties Danielle's Jasmine has! It's almost like being there!
That is so true! I just need to keep focused on that!

jugen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Always remember, places always have specials. Maybe you can find one to fly over to Japan.
Otherwise, there's always webcam...It's the next best thing to being there!
And who knows? They might not even go and then you'd get to see them all the time!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by jugen

Always remember, places always have specials. Maybe you can find one to fly over to Japan.
Otherwise, there's always webcam...It's the next best thing to being there!
And who knows? They might not even go and then you'd get to see them all the time!!!
I wish they didn't have to, but her DH is already there....he's military. Though I believe he requested this move, before he found out they were expecting a bay!
Maybe I should get her a web-cam as a present when the baby is born!