I shouldn't have said anything out loud...

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
At work I was talking about getting a third baby and everyone around me sort of rolled their eyes, muttered "crazy cat lady" under their breaths, and went back to work. Except that is, for one person, he has to "get rid" of his wife's Tokinese, Hendrix. Now, I've wanted a Sphinx, but it sounds like this little guy needs a home badly and right around the time DH and I are going to move into another apartment. So what do you think, do I adopt this little guy or not?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by EricaNicole

go for it
two...three..whats the difference

poo on all those people who rolled their eyes!
IMHO "crazy cat lady" is a badge of honor.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by goosehazel

Darn right!! I want a 4th, but my husband says no. Now tell me, where does it say that his choice outweighs mine?
That's when you get the kitty anyways...and before he gets home, make him his favorite meal and cook dinner in lingera- he'll be to excited to complaine about the kitty cat
. I'm evil....lol poor Colin doesn't know what he's in for-

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lookingglass

At work I was talking about getting a third baby and everyone around me sort of rolled their eyes, muttered "crazy cat lady" under their breaths, and went back to work. Except that is, for one person, he has to "get rid" of his wife's Tokinese, Hendrix. Now, I've wanted a Sphinx, but it sounds like this little guy needs a home badly and right around the time DH and I are going to move into another apartment. So what do you think, do I adopt this little guy or not?
Maybe you could adopt the Tonkinese and a sphinx at the same time?? Is that an option?

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
poor hendrix - how awful to be the one 'they want to get rid of'
i agree, it was fate that let you speak out loud; Hendrix must have a good guardian angel. But i do so wish that you could get your Sphinx - I've met a couple of them and they were such cool, confident cats

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There are things that make me worry about adopting him. He's had two homes, one with the guy from work, and one with his MIL. He is also declawed!
I need to do some heavy duity research into the breed, and make sure that he is going to be comfortable here.

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Poor Hendrix! Sounds like he needs you. Maybe he has had 2 other homes because he has not made it to his proper one yet.
A girl at work took in a declawed cat that her owners said had behavioral problems, but she was just fine at her house. She said it seems like the kitty knows she was not the one that hurt her little toes. Her other cats are very gentle with the new one.

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've done some research on the breed, and have decided to get him. He is looking for a forever home, and I will have the room to give it to him. I just hope he is able to forgive us for his previous "owners" for having him declawed. Now I am off to research how to keep a clean litter box with three cats. I think we are going to have to get a two bedroom and keep the second one just for the boys!

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congratulations! Bit will have a new companion in crime! Mwahahahahahaha!

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by gemlady

Congratulations! Bit will have a new companion in crime! Mwahahahahahaha!
I know... I live in fear of what is going to happen. All of the breed sites say that Tonks don't like closed doors, and will get into trouble if left alone. I should just move anything breakable out of the house until the little guy turns five and slows down.

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He's not coming until February when DH and I move into a larger apartment. His previous owners are okay with the fact that I can't take him immediately. They are just happy that he now has a forever home. We are now setting up a time where I can go meet him.

I'm also thinking that this may make the introduction a little easier. When I meet him for the first time, I'm going to take one of the boyâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s blankets over for him to get used to the smell.

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yea!! That is wonderful news! You get a new furbaby and he gets a home that he will be able to stay in forever!!