TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › I shouldn't have said anything out loud...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

I shouldn't have said anything out loud...

post #1 of 28
Thread Starter 
At work I was talking about getting a third baby and everyone around me sort of rolled their eyes, muttered "crazy cat lady" under their breaths, and went back to work. Except that is, for one person, he has to "get rid" of his wife's Tokinese, Hendrix. Now, I've wanted a Sphinx, but it sounds like this little guy needs a home badly and right around the time DH and I are going to move into another apartment. So what do you think, do I adopt this little guy or not?
post #2 of 28
Sounds like fate to me.
post #3 of 28
go for it
two...three..whats the difference

poo on all those people who rolled their eyes!
post #4 of 28
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaNicole View Post
go for it
two...three..whats the difference

poo on all those people who rolled their eyes!
IMHO "crazy cat lady" is a badge of honor.
post #5 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by lookingglass View Post
IMHO "crazy cat lady" is a badge of honor.
Darn right!! I want a 4th, but my husband says no. Now tell me, where does it say that his choice outweighs mine?
post #6 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by goosehazel View Post
Darn right!! I want a 4th, but my husband says no. Now tell me, where does it say that his choice outweighs mine?
That's when you get the kitty anyways...and before he gets home, make him his favorite meal and cook dinner in lingera- he'll be to excited to complaine about the kitty cat. I'm evil....lol poor Colin doesn't know what he's in for-
post #7 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by lookingglass View Post
At work I was talking about getting a third baby and everyone around me sort of rolled their eyes, muttered "crazy cat lady" under their breaths, and went back to work. Except that is, for one person, he has to "get rid" of his wife's Tokinese, Hendrix. Now, I've wanted a Sphinx, but it sounds like this little guy needs a home badly and right around the time DH and I are going to move into another apartment. So what do you think, do I adopt this little guy or not?
Maybe you could adopt the Tonkinese and a sphinx at the same time?? Is that an option?
post #8 of 28
poor hendrix - how awful to be the one 'they want to get rid of' i agree, it was fate that let you speak out loud; Hendrix must have a good guardian angel. But i do so wish that you could get your Sphinx - I've met a couple of them and they were such cool, confident cats
post #9 of 28
Thread Starter 
There are things that make me worry about adopting him. He's had two homes, one with the guy from work, and one with his MIL. He is also declawed! I need to do some heavy duity research into the breed, and make sure that he is going to be comfortable here.
post #10 of 28
I think he has a new home with ya
post #11 of 28
Go with it!

My eldest kitty is named hendrix, but she is a girl!
oh and a maine coon mix.
post #12 of 28
Poor Hendrix! Sounds like he needs you. Maybe he has had 2 other homes because he has not made it to his proper one yet.
A girl at work took in a declawed cat that her owners said had behavioral problems, but she was just fine at her house. She said it seems like the kitty knows she was not the one that hurt her little toes. Her other cats are very gentle with the new one.
post #13 of 28
Thread Starter 
I've done some research on the breed, and have decided to get him. He is looking for a forever home, and I will have the room to give it to him. I just hope he is able to forgive us for his previous "owners" for having him declawed. Now I am off to research how to keep a clean litter box with three cats. I think we are going to have to get a two bedroom and keep the second one just for the boys!
post #14 of 28
Most definitely!
post #15 of 28
Congratulations! Bit will have a new companion in crime! Mwahahahahahaha!
post #16 of 28
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by gemlady View Post
Congratulations! Bit will have a new companion in crime! Mwahahahahahaha!
I know... I live in fear of what is going to happen. All of the breed sites say that Tonks don't like closed doors, and will get into trouble if left alone. I should just move anything breakable out of the house until the little guy turns five and slows down.
post #17 of 28
I'm glad you're taking him!
post #18 of 28
Oooo, congrats!

I can't wait for piccies!!!!
post #19 of 28
Thread Starter 
He's not coming until February when DH and I move into a larger apartment. His previous owners are okay with the fact that I can't take him immediately. They are just happy that he now has a forever home. We are now setting up a time where I can go meet him.

I'm also thinking that this may make the introduction a little easier. When I meet him for the first time, I'm going to take one of the boy’s blankets over for him to get used to the smell.
post #20 of 28
Yea!! That is wonderful news! You get a new furbaby and he gets a home that he will be able to stay in forever!!
post #21 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by lookingglass View Post
I've done some research on the breed, and have decided to get him. He is looking for a forever home, and I will have the room to give it to him. I just hope he is able to forgive us for his previous "owners" for having him declawed. Now I am off to research how to keep a clean litter box with three cats. I think we are going to have to get a two bedroom and keep the second one just for the boys!
WOOHOO!!!!! I'm so pleased for you! I'm sure he'll be a wonderful boy, and it will be great if you can meet him and spend some time with him over the next few months - it will definitely make things easier on him
post #22 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by lookingglass View Post
I'm also thinking that this may make the introduction a little easier. When I meet him for the first time, I'm going to take one of the boy’s blankets over for him to get used to the smell.
you also might see if you can bring one of his back for your guys, too.
post #23 of 28
Congrats on the new furball! It was fate that brought him to you. I bet he'll turn out the be one of the greatest cats in the world!
Oh yeah, don't worry about your breakables, Abbys like to knock things off of places (so they say) and I have yet to see that of Rocket. He's a great and hyper cat!
post #24 of 28
I think the Lord had planned for you to say something out loud at work and for you to find this boy.
post #25 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by lookingglass View Post
I know... I live in fear of what is going to happen. All of the breed sites say that Tonks don't like closed doors, and will get into trouble if left alone. I should just move anything breakable out of the house until the little guy turns five and slows down.
I would think that with 8-bit, your house would already be kitty-proofed.
post #26 of 28
That's great news! I'm soo glad you've decided to give the little guy a wonderful home!
post #27 of 28
Oh goody! I didn't want to say anything - I hear Tonkinese are great though. But I think they are those cats that are about smarter than most people, LOL.
post #28 of 28
Congradulations to both of you! Another kitty has a forever home!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Cat Lounge
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › I shouldn't have said anything out loud...