Facing facts

skippymjp

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There is no denying it any more...this house is FULL of porkers, myself included. EVERYONE here is going on a diet. From now on, no more dry food in the evenings, it's wet food portioned out for each meal, and only 3 treats at treat time.

As for me, salads, lean meats, fresh vegetables....all stuff that I actually like but always considered too much trouble for a single guy to prepare...time to put some effort into this!

Diva Etcetera looks like a calico nerf football with feet

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Me and my crew have a little extra padding as well, but i figure winter is coming, less money I will have to spend on the heating bill!

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Skippymjp

Diva Etcetera looks like a calico nerf football with feet
That's hilarious!!! I don't think they look that tubby though?? Maybe I should get Stumpy reweighed at the vets tomorrow just in case I've forgotten what's considered tubby in a cat....

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

skippymjp

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The diet plan is looking to be about as popular as a rhubarb milkshake. Its not even dinner time yet, but at the 5 o'clock treat time, they got half the treats that they normally get.

I didn't even know that Trace HAD this look! Can you say, "Tee'd off!"

Maybe we'll just try a little less dry food first instead of going cold turkey
Or maybe even the "several small meals" idea. But I can't have Trace glaring at me like this, it'll give me a complex!!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katiemae1277

Me and my crew have a little extra padding as well, but i figure winter is coming, less money I will have to spend on the heating bill!
That's awesome!!!

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Skippymjp

The diet plan is looking to be about as popular as a rhubarb milkshake. Its not even dinner time yet, but at the 5 o'clock treat time, they got half the treats that they normally get.

I didn't even know that Trace HAD this look! Can you say, "Tee'd off!"

Maybe we'll just try a little less dry food first instead of going cold turkey
Or maybe even the "several small meals" idea. But I can't have Trace glaring at me like this, it'll give me a complex!!
wow with a look like that I'd sleep with one eye open

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

skippymjp

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, we still haven't started a diet yet, but I am still thinking about it. Although Etcetera is the heaviest, my major concern in the weight department is for Trace. Trace is missing his right rear leg, and I don't know, and can't find any reference too, just how much "back" a cat can pack around with one hind leg

I'm starting to think that I needn't worry, because playing with the laser pointer last night, Trace proved to the be "fastest 3 legged cat I'd ever seen"

angelkitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just think of it as extra to love!!! they look soo pretty adn definately healthy!!

Heather