Good home for a 1-year old female cat in Albuquerque

scythetleppo

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
We are moving in October and we need to find a home for our female tortoise-shelled long-haired cat. We live in Albuquerque, NM and we would love to meet the interested people or persons who would like to give our cat a good home. She is a quiet cat and she likes to sleep in quiet places. She enjoys the outdoors and she would love a home out in the mountains or with a lot of space to roam if possible. She is updated on her shots and she is fixed. Please repond if you are interested in taking our female cat, Furia and giving her a good home. Hope to hear from someone!

tnr1

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by scythetleppo

We are moving in October and we need to find a home for our female tortoise-shelled long-haired cat. We live in Albuquerque, NM and we would love to meet the interested people or persons who would like to give our cat a good home. She is a quiet cat and she likes to sleep in quiet places. She enjoys the outdoors and she would love a home out in the mountains or with a lot of space to roam if possible. She is updated on her shots and she is fixed. Please repond if you are interested in taking our female cat, Furia and giving her a good home. Hope to hear from someone!
Although I can appreciate posting on this board, this should only be one of a number of places you attempt to post about her. October is not that far away and with kitten season still in full swing...there are not as many takers for adults, even sweet one year olds. I recommend asking friends, family and coworkers and posting at vet clinics, community message boards, church boards etc. A picture would help immensely. You should also post in your local paper. Ask at vet offices whether they would let you show your cat at their office.

There is a really good PDF called "how to find homes for homeless pets" that you can find here:

http://www.natewood.net/Rehome.html

It gives advice on how to place a good ad and even has a sample contract. I wish you all the best...but do have a plan B in place if for some reason no one comes forward for this girl before you move.

Katie

beckiboo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Be wary of an outdoor home in the mountains. My sister lives on a mountain in Colorado, and they have cougars that kill outside cats.

Is there no way you can take her with you when you move?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

scythetleppo

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
We're taking 2 of our three cats. We can't afford a U-Haul so we are taking our car. The space from two cat carriers is already a lot. We chose her because, well frankly she doesn't seem to like us much. She like me more than my girlfriend but I think she has difficulty being around other cats and not being the 'one'. She really doesn't seem happy and I want to find her a nice barn-type of atmosphere or at least a single pet home where she can get the attention she wants.

Either way we've been trying for a few months now and it's looking more and more like the pound, which I know sucks terribly. =/

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The pound will kill her within a few days! You cannot do that. have you advertized on craigslist.com and petfinder.com at least? Or have you taken TNR1's advice and checked out that pdf?

How about putting two cats in one carrier and her in the other for the trip? Please don't take her to the pound. That would be compeltely unfair to her. Wouldn't you rather cram her into a carrier and take her with you and have her be a little unhappy but well loved and cared for then in a cage with little chance to be adopted and most likely end up euthanized?

Please don't go that route, she deserves better.

girlsetsfiyah

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Jen

The pound will kill her within a few days! You cannot do that. have you advertized on craigslist.com and petfinder.com at least? Or have you taken TNR1's advice and checked out that pdf?

How about putting two cats in one carrier and her in the other for the trip? Please don't take her to the pound. That would be compeltely unfair to her. Wouldn't you rather cram her into a carrier and take her with you and have her be a little unhappy but well loved and cared for then in a cage with little chance to be adopted and most likely end up euthanized?

Please don't go that route, she deserves better.
I agree with Jen totally on this one. Plus there is obviously some kind of underlying reason why she has this sort of attitude? I hate to say this, but if she is this way with you, imagine when she's taken to the shelter and she's even worse with them? The chances of her being "adoptable" will be slim. Can't she go with you...?

tnr1

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Either way we've been trying for a few months now and it's looking more and more like the pound, which I know sucks terribly. =/
With how things are right now...if you cannot rehome her...the most humane thing would be for you to have her euthanized. That way, she dies in the arms of someone who has cared for her versus being put down at a shelter. Cats that act feral or do not get along with other cats are usually the first ones to be euthanized.

Katie

scythetleppo

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
well looks like we may stuff her in, just working on convincing my girlfriend, and getting the extra money for the difference in the deposit and cat carrier and food and everything else. I don't want to dump her off.

Let me find a picture of her too.

scythetleppo

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She was real young here:

And here she is in april:

She's a bit older looking now and a little scruffier and larger but pretty much the same.

Anyways just thought I'd show you all.

girlsetsfiyah

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Aww, she's a little beauty!! I wouldn't give her up for anything...Thank you so much for reconsidering! Please let us know how things work out! This way, if you're still thinking of finding a new home for her, you can do it from your new place, and at least she'll be safe and comfortable with you until the right person comes along! Good Luck!!