what do you tip you pizza guy????

scottf

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I deliver pizza as a part time job...so, I was wondering, what do you usually tip your pizza guy???

1 to 2 dollars

2 to 3 dollars

3 to 5 dollars

5 to 10 dollars

10 or more....

zissou'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think this would be better as a poll...

Anyway, I tip depending on how much the cost of the food was, just like I do anywhere else. I usually tip about 20%.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

scottf

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Zissou'sMom

I think this would be better as a poll...

Anyway, I tip depending on how much the cost of the food was, just like I do anywhere else. I usually tip about 20%.
I dont know how to set it up as a poll on this site, on the pizza delivery site I am on we just click a New Poll link...

zissou'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When you post a new thread, you are given the option to make a poll. It's a little checkbox. Then, when you go to post the thread you come to a screen where you create the poll.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I usually tip a few bucks depending on how much money i have (usually not a lot
). But i always try to tip well- A lot of folks depend on those tips to make ends meet....i've been there, so i know what it's like.

lilleah

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They have such a thing as Pizza Delivery Site?

Anyways-My Spouse Delivers Pizza as a side job kind of thing..He's been doing that for like almost 2 years. So he knows A TON about what's supposed to be tipped. Whenever we order pizza he gets finiky about what I'm going to tip.

Anyways-I usually tip like 2 or 3 dollars, depending on where he came from, I may tip like 5 dollars. But my Spouse ran fully off of tips, there was no hourly pay. It was just tips, and well...Delivery Charges.

That's another thing to keep into consideration when tipping delivery guys, There's usually a Delivery Charge, and Depending on how far away you are, it may get kind of expensive, and most likely the guy wont tell you how much that was if not asked. So say your Delivery Guy gets 3 dollars for driving out to your house, and you tip him 5 bucks. He's now got 8 dollars, just from that one delivery. My Spouse can make Quite a Bit of money on a busy night. More than a normal job would pay.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Depends on the cost of the food, just like in a restaurant. My rule of thumb for tipping is 10% for hohum but not BAAAAAAAD service, 15% for normal service, 20% for exceptional service. Our pizza usually runs about $23, and the service is usually very good, so he usually gets $4. I gather we're their only customer in this area, so I guess he likes coming here.

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Same as Fran (rapunzel47), it depends on the service, if they are longer than they said they would be, or the food isn't hot (or at least the boxes) they get a lot less.

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I start at $5, and at the restaurant/bar where I used to work, if the guy came at the end of the shift, we'd start with a $20 - keep in mind, though, that road conditions do make a big influence on increasing the tip. the way I figure it, if the driver comes out in a blizzard, driving on black ice, s/he's certainly reduced the risk of MY having to drive it & I give a bonus accordingly.

lionessrampant

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I usually tip around 20%, but if the service is excessively awful I tip 15%. I would never be so inhumane as to forgo a tip...there are probably a lot of things out of the waitstaff's control that can make service bad, and like others have said, this is their income. The hourly pay is little if any.

esrgirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We usually end up spending $12 and giving the pizza guy $4- will do $5 if it gets any higher, but it's just the two of us and we never have a bill over $17 or so. We tip at least 20% for our pizza guys and servers.

lilleah

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by MoochNNoodles

Usually $3 or so. We live litterally less than a mile from the pizza place. Most of the time we just go pick it up.

I live right above a pizza place, and I still get delivery.
What makes it worse, is I work there too. Sometimes I'm just in PJ's or no-make up face, and don't feel like it.

The next door neighbors get delivery too. lol.

cdubbie

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I wanna hear from the Pizza Guy what the correct amt to tip is - I have no idea.

It works out to between $2-3 usually. The order is around $12.50 and I give him $15. It is more for convience sake than knowing the right amt. If it is raining or snowing though I usually chip in more.

My usual place gets it to me within 20 min (not a chain) so I figure I must be doings something right if they are always getting there so fast?

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by lilleah

I live right above a pizza place, and I still get delivery.
What makes it worse, is I work there too. Sometimes I'm just in PJ's or no-make up face, and don't feel like it.

The next door neighbors get delivery too. lol.
If I lived over a pizza place....I'd be soooooo fat! Oh my would I be fat! But I'd be happy too!

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mine charges $3.95 for delivery so being as close as they are we usually pick up, so I don't tip excessively. As long as the service is good, I tip 20% + at restaurants

cdubbie

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Will Scott F the pizza guy come back to his thread please and tell us the pizza delivery tip etiquette please ?

maddensmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would like to know the proper etiquette too!!

Our bill is usually about 15 dollars and I usally tip anywhere from 2-4 depending on the service (is it hot? etc.). If it gets here quick, the order is right, its hot, and the delivery guy is pleasant, sometimes I just give them a 20 and let them keep the change (usually 5 bucks or more).