T-Minus 22 days and counting

ilovesiamese

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, Mittens is due Sept 26. She is getting HUGE HUGE HUGE. Her sides are sooo round and she's a complete bear (not that she was so socialable to begin with) but more so than normal. She growls if you look at her the wrong way.

SO when Mittens is due, that could mean Misty has her's any day after Mittens.

I wish I had a digital camera so we could have a poll of how many kittens they are going to have.

My best guess is that Mittens (because she's a medium sized cat) and based on her size is going to have about 6 kittens.

My best guess for Misty is 3 or 4 max ( Small build).

I've got one extra large dog kennel set up all ready and I'm searching for a used large dog kennel for Misty right now. I'm starting to get anxious about all these kittens after what happened with Yen's angels.

gayef

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Think positively until you have something to think negatively about. As my father used to say, "Don't borrow trouble. It finds you well enough all on it's own."

I found my used crate on Freecycle ... I brought it home, scrubbed it down, let it sit out in the sun all day and then sprayed it with full-strength bleach. I did have to purchase the tray/pan for it as it did not come with one, but that expense was minimal.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ilovesiamese

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, after some really long and tough consideration, I'm going to start phoning around to see about a spay-abort for Mittens. She is definately going to have more kittens than Misty and her kitten's history is very unknown. I don't know if I'll find a vet that will do a spay abort in this short amount of time, but I will try. I kind of had a change of heart after reading the imo convo about spay-aborts.

I am currently trying to find a home for Casper once he is neutered at the end of the month, but I don't know if anyone will take him because he is so feral like from past mistreatment. I have posted a thread about him in the feral section, but so far no one has given me any advice I could use to help this poor boy.

And for Misty, well I am going to get 2 of the 3 cats done at the end of the month, and that's truely the best I can do right now.

I am planning to rehome Misty to a new home after Christmas, along with her kittens (because that was my intentions from the time I took her in so she wouldn't end up on the street as well as Casper). I may keep one kitten from the litter, but as most of you all read before, I do have an action plan for the kittens for spay/neuters and rehoming.

I'm sorry if I upset anyone for feeling some joy over these kittens considering the amount of precious kittens that are put down everyday due to having no one to give them home or to love them. I just don't think I realized how much of an effect I have on the situation.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ilovesiamese

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by animalhouse

awww She is sooo Close to having babys.. :-( And wow, Cant beleve she was cranky.. my momma Kitty was SOOOOOOOOO NICE.. she couldnt have enough lovin..
She is just tempered that way. My hubby is her human. He is the one who rescued her and brought her home (while I was away for a week) so she is jealous of me sometimes.

well, so far I haven't been able to find someone to do the spay yet. I just didn't realize in time. I feel so terrible! Only 18 days now and the vets said by the time they have an opening to preform a spay, it will be too close to the delivery and they won't do it. I'm going to keep trying, but the longer it takes, the less likely it is to happen. I feel like I've let Mittens down.

beckiboo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You can't change the past, but you can change the future. If no one will spay Mittens, then she will just have to deliver the kittens.

I adopted 3 female barn kittens about 11 years ago, and allowed them to have litters of kittens, according to my plan. I also declawed a kitty in the past. If I spend all my energy thinking about the past, and what I would have done differently if I could start over...I would have no time to do what I am currently doing! And I do not foster to pay back for any guilt, it is just an appropriate cat friendly way to love lots of cats, where allowing cats to reproduce in my yard was inappropriate.

Do what you can, and if you cannot get the spay done, do your best to spay and neuter and rehome the kittens. And remember to spread the word. When people are talking about pets and cats, take the time to tell them your story, and why spay and neuter is so very important.

Whether there are too many kittens in the world or not, you WILL feel joy and you should feel joy over the kittens about to enter your home. I'm fostering 9 inbred kittens...they should not exist...their Mom's and Grandma should have been spayed. But nothing can go back and change that. I love each precious baby, and will fight to provide them what is their due. As you will for your babies.