Reilly...

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lord is she HUGE!

She's gained so much... she looks like she's about to pop. I'm wondering if she's further along then what the vet says...
I swear she's about to have them. Her nipples are popping out and she's absolutely miserable.. I feel SO bad for her. She's cranky too.. Won't let Tiger or Jake near her.. she barely tolerates ME touching her. I keep wondering where she's going to have them. I haven't seen her nesting in any place particular. She does like my dresser but she hasn't been in there in awhile. I set up a box in my room for her but she just looks at me like I'm crazy

Jake isn't going to be happy with me but when she has them he's gonna have to stay in his cage at night for a month or two...that or he'll have to sleep in the kids room but that worries me they will let him out when they get up to use the potty.
I will post pics of Reilly when she's in a better mood.. she's kinda...well...
y today

tnr1

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by DixieDarlin256

Lord is she HUGE!

She's gained so much... she looks like she's about to pop. I'm wondering if she's further along then what the vet says...
I swear she's about to have them. Her nipples are popping out and she's absolutely miserable.. I feel SO bad for her. She's cranky too.. Won't let Tiger or Jake near her.. she barely tolerates ME touching her. I keep wondering where she's going to have them. I haven't seen her nesting in any place particular. She does like my dresser but she hasn't been in there in awhile. I set up a box in my room for her but she just looks at me like I'm crazy

Jake isn't going to be happy with me but when she has them he's gonna have to stay in his cage at night for a month or two...that or he'll have to sleep in the kids room but that worries me they will let him out when they get up to use the potty.
I will post pics of Reilly when she's in a better mood.. she's kinda...well...
y today
I've missed your previous posts...was this a planned pregnancy? As far as keeping Jake away....I would really suggest you instead keep her in a room that your males do not have access to instead of locking your male up. I would have a talk with your children to ask for their assistance in making sure that Reilly is left alone unless you are there to supervise the interaction.

Katie

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Originally Posted by TNR1

I've missed your previous posts...was this a planned pregnancy? As far as keeping Jake away....I would really suggest you instead keep her in a room that your males do not have access to instead of locking your male up. I would have a talk with your children to ask for their assistance in making sure that Reilly is left alone unless you are there to supervise the interaction.

Katie
No - unfortunately, she thought Reilly was spayed and turns out the vet didn't do it http://www.thecatsite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=96266

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks katachtig
I was searching for the thread when you posted it lol...
Jake is the dog so I don't think he's gonna get her pregnant
He just LOVES cats and I know he's too rough for them

tnr1

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by DixieDarlin256

Thanks katachtig
I was searching for the thread when you posted it lol...
Jake is the dog so I don't think he's gonna get her pregnant
He just LOVES cats and I know he's too rough for them
I realized that after posting...LOL....but I still think it will be a good idea if mom has her "room".

Katie

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I realized that after posting...LOL....but I still think it will be a good idea if mom has her "room".

Katie
Oh yeah, I'm planning on keeping her in my room so I can monitor everything that goes on. Tiger should be ok, he is a great surrogate dad
When his momma Dixie had a litter (after him) he was right there the whole time cleaning the kittens and even letting them nurse on him.. Matter of fact, he let Reilly and Lily nurse on him when we adopted them
I just might have to keep the dog in his crate or in the kids room since he has such severe seperation anxiety and he's in a crate while we're at work I don't want him to be in it THAT much.
If I had another bedroom that she could be in by herself I would but she'll have to make due with my room in the meantime... luckily this is her first/last and ONLY litter.. She is getting spayed ASAP after the babies.. I think I already have homes for them too.. I'm keeping one (of course) and some of my med students want one and I know they'll take care of them too

Now it's just a waiting game of when she's gonna have them... It's been over a year since Dixie had hers so I'm trying to remember everything

tnr1

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm keeping one (of course) and some of my med students want one and I know they'll take care of them too
That's great....one little caution... if you can get these little ones fixed prior to going to their new homes, that would be best. I just don't want any of these kittens missing out on a spay/neuter appt. and having kittens of their own.

Katie

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

That's great....one little caution... if you can get these little ones fixed prior to going to their new homes, that would be best. I just don't want any of these kittens missing out on a spay/neuter appt. and having kittens of their own.

Katie
Oh yes! They will be speutered before they leave here... No if ands or buts about that!

The new vet has already said he will speuter the kittens and Reilly all at the same time for a really low cost. Especially with the circumstances and what all Reilly has gone through already. He's just worried about her having a longer recovery time and she might have to stay with the vet for a few days because of scar tissue. Which in a sense will be a good thing in case any of the kittens try to nurse on her for comfort after they are fixed..

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hope you can find homes for all your babies.That is such a stupid error on the Vet's behalf. Good luck and I hope she does GREAT having them.