Few questions... What toys do your kits/cats like and

jaclyn4238

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Do you use an Air Purifier in your home? If you do, do you feel that it cuts down on "cat/pet smell"?if so which brand do you use? and what type of toys do your cats.kits seem to get the most fun out of?

tnr1

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Jaclyn4238

Do you use an Air Purifier in your home? If you do, do you feel that it cuts down on "cat/pet smell"?if so which brand do you use? and what type of toys do your cats.kits seem to get the most fun out of?
I don't use an air purifier.....I found that my foster kittens really enjoyed balls and little mice.

Katie

gizmocat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, I have two air purifiers and one vaporizer for winter.

My cat loves toilet paper rolls and 'real-fur' mice on a string.

cat mommy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My kittens love fuzzy balls, mice and the Cheese chase. It's similar to the above poster's picture, but with 2 levels of holes and balls to chase and a mouse as well.

shadowsoul

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Oscar likes feather toys

I got lotsss of that and Oscar goes crazy over feathers, and cat charmers, and toy mice, and he always plays with not-really-toy toys, a button, a fabric, my USB flash drive, stuff like that

I don't use air purifiers, thou my air conditioning unit has "ionizers" which cleans the air.

catsallover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is my cats' favorite toy- we've had it for 11 or 12 yrs., I think, and they were still selling them this year, last I looked. It got pushed under the couch for a while, and I recently drug it out for the (now homed
) foster kitten, and the big cats have been wearing it out again lately (ages 7 to 13 yrs!)
! They come in large and small- this is the large, about 17 inches across.

Oh, and no air purifiers; we've found a really good litter- if you can smell it, it's my fault

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ari likes this fuzzy mouse that you hang from a doorframe. It's on a stretchy cord. He will bat the mouse, then grab it in his mouse and try to bring it to me. He's on his second one (since December) and this one needs it's cord replaced or a new one.
He also likes to play with his tail.

And the rings from plastic milk bottles.

No purifier.

catsallover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

which litter are you using??
I'm assuming you mean me
? It's Tidy Cats Scoop Crystals Blend for multiple cats- it's the reformulated one- fairly new- it says "plus dehydrating crystals" on the front too. It clumps REALLY well -I have one who tee tees in the same spot, everytime
, but it still clumps up, dries out and stays together
. I have asked people who don't have their/a litterbox in the house if they can smell my litter box, and so far, no one can- and I don't clean it everyday, as my cats tend to go outside as often as they use the litterbox

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jaclyn4238

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by catsallover

I'm assuming you mean me
? It's Tidy Cats Scoop Crystals Blend for multiple cats- it's the reformulated one- fairly new- it says "plus dehydrating crystals" on the front too. It clumps REALLY well -I have one who tee tees in the same spot, everytime
, but it still clumps up, dries out and stays together
. I have asked people who don't have their/a litterbox in the house if they can smell my litter box, and so far, no one can- and I don't clean it everyday, as my cats tend to go outside as often as they use the litterbox
Have you ever used feline pine? How is it compared to that? Does it cover up POOP SMELL... this is what is killing me... the poop smell I scoop multiple times a day but everyone has smelly poop especially the kittens!

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Have you ever used feline pine? How is it compared to that? Does it cover up POOP SMELL... this is what is killing me... the poop smell I scoop multiple times a day but everyone has smelly poop especially the kittens!
I've found that a lot of cats/kittens don't like Feline Pine, and will pee on their beds, or anywhere else except in their box. Personally, I don't like the smell either. Maybe somebody else will come along who has had a similar experience. I know what you're saying, though. Nothing smells as bad as kitten poop. It doesn't help that they dig and dig, and shred the poop apart, making it almost impossible to scoop. When I had my foster babies, I would put two pans with clay litter. I would change the litter completely every morning, and scoop the poop every night. It helped keep the smell down.

You've gotten a lot of great suggestions on toys. I saw that someone recommended Chase the Cheese. They do like it, but be careful. I had one kitten get his head stuck in one of the holes & it took about 15 minutes to extricate him. If you get this toy, make sure you supervise their play...at least until their noggins are considerably bigger than the holes in the toy!

catsallover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Really didn't like the Feline Pine- I tried it recently with my foster kitten when she was learning to use the litterbox, and she couldn't cover up the poop well- the pellets were just too big, and man, did it stink!
If your cats don't cover the poo when they go, pretty much NOTHING
is going to get rid of the smell, except maybe an airfreshener
that I know of- if someone else knows, please tell me too!
. But if they do cover up, this litter does a surprising good job!
(after the initial stink, of course! I don't think there is any way around that!
)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jaclyn4238

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
which litter were you refering to?! im going to buy something else tomorrow to try... HELP!

cat mommy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
You've gotten a lot of great suggestions on toys. I saw that someone recommended Chase the Cheese. They do like it, but be careful. I had one kitten get his head stuck in one of the holes & it took about 15 minutes to extricate him. If you get this toy, make sure you supervise their play...at least until their noggins are considerably bigger than the holes in the toy!
Yes, you need to supervise the Cheese Chase as with any toy. Luckily my kitties are big and don't seem to have a problem getting their heads stuck.

catsallover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

which litter were you refering to?! im going to buy something else tomorrow to try... HELP!
Sorry, poorly structured paragraph!
-
But if they do cover up, this litter does a surprising good job!
I was refering to the "Tidy Cats Scoop Crystals Blend". I buy mine at Walmart in the 27 lb bucket for $11- $12, if I remember right

I think I'm doing it again- it IS at my Walmart, I THINK it is about $11 to $12 !

nath 1

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi,

My cat's preferate toy is very simple : a ball made of an old knee high nylon! You simply need to twist tightly the opened end on the rest of the ball formed by the sock, and it will hold by itself. I came home one day to find one of those nylon socks in my living room. She had played with it a lot and thought a ball might even be better. She just go nuts when she plays with this! Another good way to recycle old stuff!
I have made different sizes by putting a piece of tissue in the foot part, and turning the rest of the sock on itself. Magical! My cat will bring it to me many times during the day for catch and fetch.
N.

scoomoo

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
For all of you that let your kitties play with string toys (wands with strings leading to feathers, balls, etc), be careful!

Some kitties will try to eat the string.

My not-so-intelligent 8 year old cat almost died last year after ingesting string. He required major surgery that cost more money than I care to admit! If he didn't have that surgery, he would have died. If given the opportunity (which is never) he will bite through the string in string toys and start swallowing. I know my kitty isn't the only one out there that does this stupid stuff.

Just a reminder to be careful, especially if your kitty is unattended. The crinkly balls, ping pong balls, toy mice, catnip toys, etc seem to be less deadly and equally fun. I never buy string toys anymore.

4crazycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I dont have an air purifier. N one ever know's I have 4 cats and 2 dogs because there's really no smell. I just keep the litterboxes clean and bathe the dogs every once in a while and my house doesnt smell. As for toys. Lily only like feathery things. She doesnt really have a favorite one though. Annie doesnt play with toys really but I'm working on her. She doesnt know how to play! Kitten likes balls. She really loves those little crinkly ones you get at petsmart. Bagheera likes to play with everything. If I put a pen on the floor he goes nuts pawing it around.

4crazycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by scoomoo

For all of you that let your kitties play with string toys (wands with strings leading to feathers, balls, etc), be careful!

Some kitties will try to eat the string.

My not-so-intelligent 8 year old cat almost died last year after ingesting string. He required major surgery that cost more money than I care to admit! If he didn't have that surgery, he would have died. If given the opportunity (which is never) he will bite through the string in string toys and start swallowing. I know my kitty isn't the only one out there that does this stupid stuff.

Just a reminder to be careful, especially if your kitty is unattended. The crinkly balls, ping pong balls, toy mice, catnip toys, etc seem to be less deadly and equally fun. I never buy string toys anymore.
I never leave the string toys out unless I am playing with the cats. They go in the animal closet. Because my Lily loves to chew on everything. She chews string and plastic so I have to be careful with her. Bagheera chews some stuff too.