Should I go to the hospital?????

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok -i'm seriously considering going to the hopsital now- i'm in soo much pain and I don't have anything for it I'm gonna try and make it to the kittens next feeding- i'm about to go warm their formula up. This is aweful. I almost want to go to the hospital- but it will cost a fortune, even with insurance, and I will be stuck waiting for hours in pain because Memphis hospitals are horrid! I'd almost stay here because at least i'd be seemingly comfy in my own house and i don't want to leave my foster kittens. This is horrible though- i don't know what to do anymore I'm supposed to have two more tests done this week..and i know the doctors at the hospital are gonna be zero help without those tests being done already
I'm sorry to complaine. I just don't know what else to do- i'm hurting really bad and it's almost 1:30- i don't want to wake anyone up to go to the hospital- but i'm hurting horribly. What should i do??? I don't think the hospital will be much help and there's no use in running up a bill if they won't be able to help me

Here is a link to my current issue http://www.thecatsite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=98170

watchcaddy

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
YOU SHOULD REALLY GO!!! Health should be the number 1 priority on ANYONE's list. GO! Hope you feel better.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I feel aweful...I just had an astmah attack in addition to the stomach issues

I called my doctors emergency number and talked to him- he said to try and stay hydrated and lay down for a few minutes without moving around- if i'm still hurting, then go to the hospital

jean44

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I understand your feelings about emergency rooms, but if you are in that much pain you should go to the ER. You say you don't have anything for the pain. Won't your doctor give you something? Or are they waiting for the results of the tests you've had and will have? If nothing else it should be on your record that you are experiencing this much pain. Good luck!

OK- I just read the other thread so I understand why you don't have meds for the pain. You should still go to the ER.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I consulted my doctor again a few minutes ago and he advised that I just stay home and try to rest and see if the pain eases up then- if i'm not better in a bit- then he said to go to the hospital...So that's what i'll do. However- he did say there is not much they can do for the pain since it is a gastro issue- so my best option is to try and rest and see if it relieves itself. Since i'm having soo many stomach issues so to speak right now- any kind of pill for pain they give me will just run right through my system and won't absorb. (if necessary, they will do an iv if i wind up going to the hospital though) He's a wonderful phyisician- it's just i have soo many stomach and digestive problems right now- they really can't give me a sound answer to a lot of my questions. A lot of my medical issues conflict with each eithor, so i can't take medicine to ease the symptoms- hence all of the pain.I really appreciate everyone being soo kind! I recieved some good medical advice from my doctor- so i will follow that now and try to rest a bit to ease the pain- if i'm not better within a bit of time, I'm going to the hospital and he said he will meet me up there. Hopefully that won't be necessary, but if it is i will follow his advice and go. / I just managed to feed Kenzie & Keiko and tuck them in for the night- they both ate well..so that's a good thing
/...so I too am going to go and try to lay down for a bit. Thankyou everyone for your kind words and wishes. I will update tomorrow. Have a great night everyone.

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hope you feel better soon. I know that the hospitals are not much fun, and cost way to much money. But sometimes we gotta go..

Take care of yourself,

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thankyou for the vibes everyone!!!! I am feeling a lot better this morning!
. Once I got a little rest, the pain eased up a great bit, so i wound up not going to the hopsital!
. My doctor called to check up on me this morning and see how i was doing- so i told him i was feeling better. I have a wonderful physician! Thankyou for TCS vibes!!!!!- they work.

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Oh sweetie, I wish I was closer so I could come over and sit with you.

Early morning pain is the worst. I'm glad your doctor was able to help you because he probably has the best idea of what kind of treatment would be available for you. Too bad there isn't something like a pain patch you could use instead of ingesting anything.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katachtig

Oh sweetie, I wish I was closer so I could come over and sit with you.

Early morning pain is the worst. I'm glad your doctor was able to help you because he probably has the best idea of what kind of treatment would be available for you. Too bad there isn't something like a pain patch you could use instead of ingesting anything.
I was wishing for something like a pain patch last night- i even tried using one of those Thermacare Wraps
. Thankfully though, it seems like everyones prayers and vibes worked! I am feeling much better this morning and the pain has almost completely gone away
My doctor was soo sweet- he even called to check on me this morning on his day off- i love that entire practice- they take good care of their patients.
/ Even my foster kittens are looking a bit better today! So i'm excited - today is turning out to be very nice! Thankyou soo much for keeping up with the thread and for your sweet messages! I really appreciate it!

butterflydream

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think if you feel the pain is great enough you should probably go to the hospital.

I think that should stand for anyone, if you think you need to go, then go.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thankyou for your replies everyone! I am feeling much better today My foster kittens are too!!!!!
. I'm soo excited- hopefully Keiko will start walking again soon- he seems to be getting stronger
. Colin came over last night and helped me feed and clean them up-it's hysterical to see a former Naval Lt...and hardcore cop sweet talking a 1lb kitten
It melts my heart everytime!!! / I am going to the doctor after school tomorrow for some more tests-wish me luck! One of the tests I have to have tomorrow is a blood test- and as I posted previously- i don't do good with those. Hopefully everything will go ok though- (i tend to pass out when they stick me multiple times or if i even see the needle- i freak out and faint!- my veins are hard to find, even when i'm hydrated
). Thankyou again everyone! You have all been soo sweet! I'm still having a bit of stomach pain- but nothing out of the usual- so that I can deal with until I get a good diagnosis & appt. with a dietician
. Have a great day!!!

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

i don't do good with those. Hopefully everything will go ok though- (i tend to pass out when they stick me multiple times or if i even see the needle- i freak out and faint!- my veins are hard to find, even when i'm hydrated
).
I can sympathize. If the person doesn't know what he's doing, I get dizzy and usually have to stop before I do faint. I inherited slippery veins from my mother and if they don't get it the first time, the vein rolls out of the way.

I will be with you in spirit tomorrow. Good luck.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thankyou! I appreciate that!!!

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sorry that I didn't see your post earlier, but sending prayers your way. Can you ask your doctor if you can use some herbs, perhaps raspberry leaf (helps ease cramps and stops diarrhea), marshmallow root (soothing internally) and ginger (supposed to help regulate electrolytes, to help you keep hydrated)? If so, you can use the teas, to sip on, or since you're so busy with kittens, maybe the capsules. For me, these remedies really work.
A couple of years ago, I was having severe stomach pain that the hospital did an ultrasound, and the tech found nothing, so I was sent home. I was in so much pain
but the herbs made it tolerable. Now, my new doctor got those records & it turned out that the ultrasound showed a mass on the top of my left kidney (I continue to have some undiagnosed kidney issues).
Your doctor sounds like he's on top of things
and if the hospital can't help you, you may have saved yourself the frustration of waiting to be seen and then getting stuck with a big hospital bill for nothing different.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by catsknowme

Sorry that I didn't see your post earlier, but sending prayers your way. Can you ask your doctor if you can use some herbs, perhaps raspberry leaf (helps ease cramps and stops diarrhea), marshmallow root (soothing internally) and ginger (supposed to help regulate electrolytes, to help you keep hydrated)? If so, you can use the teas, to sip on, or since you're so busy with kittens, maybe the capsules. For me, these remedies really work.
A couple of years ago, I was having severe stomach pain that the hospital did an ultrasound, and the tech found nothing, so I was sent home. I was in so much pain
but the herbs made it tolerable. Now, my new doctor got those records & it turned out that the ultrasound showed a mass on the top of my left kidney (I continue to have some undiagnosed kidney issues).
Your doctor sounds like he's on top of things
and if the hospital can't help you, you may have saved yourself the frustration of waiting to be seen and then getting stuck with a big hospital bill for nothing different.
Yes, I am blessed with such a wonderful doctor- he is great! All of my friends that i recommened to him like him as well. He really cares about the health of his patients and not just the $. I will ask him about the herbal suggestions you made as well....however, my medical issues run pretty deep with this stuff ( i need several surgeries at the moment....but until then, perhaps the herbal teas,etc could ease some of the pain
). Thankyou once again! I hope you have a great day and feel better with your kidney issues as well. Definitely get that checked out and make sure it's nothing severe...kidney issues can escelate quickly- i would definitely go see a doctor to rule out anything serious
. Have a good one and thankyou for the advice!