Sick Kitten found on highway; need help

surfergrlchick

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi,
I found a kitten on the highway today. It's the holiday weekend so all the vets are closed. Unfortunatly I don't have the money for any vets/medical treatment to come in. I called the humane society's around and they said they are all full and can't take cats right now.

The kitten has gunk around it's eyes. So I figured it has an eye infection. Also one of the kitten's legs is broken. The kitten shows no signs of any pain. He walks around and sniffs around. The claws are grinded down from trying to climb over the median. He is also cross-eyed. For now I can't get him to any care until Tuesday. Is their anything until then I can do to tend to his care? I will be trying to call humane society's all weekend but I need more advice.

Please help.

tnr1

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by surfergrlchick

Hi,
I found a kitten on the highway today. It's the holiday weekend so all the vets are closed. Unfortunatly I don't have the money for any vets/medical treatment to come in. I called the humane society's around and they said they are all full and can't take cats right now.

The kitten has gunk around it's eyes. So I figured it has an eye infection. Also one of the kitten's legs is broken. The kitten shows no signs of any pain. He walks around and sniffs around. The claws are grinded down from trying to climb over the median. He is also cross-eyed. For now I can't get him to any care until Tuesday. Is their anything until then I can do to tend to his care? I will be trying to call humane society's all weekend but I need more advice.

Please help.
surfergrlchick...the reality is that it is right in the middle of kitten season and yes...most rescues/humane societies are going to be full. it sounds like this kitten may have either a URI or eye infection...both of which will require a vet visit to obtain the proper treatment. For now...get a hold of some KMR and a some kitten food. See if he will eat anything. I would try contacting friends and family to see if anyone is willing to take care of this little one.

Katie

jaclyn4238

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
What state are you in? Any vet that is closed should have an emergency number... i would call that emergency number and tell them the situation, any ethical vet should not refuse this baby Treatment

hoppybunn

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I just wanted to say thank you for caring for this poor kitten...it takes a great person to take a stray in. I'll be thinking of you and the kitten. I agree, even try the phonebook for an emergency vet clinic, and explain your situation with them. Hopefully they'll be able to work something out.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

surfergrlchick

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I tried calling emergency vet clinics and they siad they charge extra for coming in on the weekend. But this is not my pet it's a stray! Then they said they still can't take it because theirs no room. I don't have the money to pay for the stray and I have been calling friends but no luck on the situation.

He has discharge of goo coming from his eyes. I clean them often. But without a vet for now if their anything I can do about this?

I really need to get him into a vet because his leg is broken. I don't know if I should try to wrap the leg or not.

I live in Texas right now and have tried calling around. Still so far no luck.