Scooting... possible food allergy?

shadowbaby

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My cat shadow scoots everytime she uses the litter box.. she is overweight, but I've had her shaved, keep her brushed, and have had her anal glands expressed.. Nothing has stopped her

She also has bad dandruff, and I've tried foods with high levels of omega 6&3's to no avail. I'm considering possibly trying her on venison and green pea (my other cat has IBD, so this would work for her too). Not sure though. Food is so complicated!

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by ShadowBaby

My cat shadow scoots everytime she uses the litter box.. she is overweight, but I've had her shaved, keep her brushed, and have had her anal glands expressed.. Nothing has stopped her

She also has bad dandruff, and I've tried foods with high levels of omega 6&3's to no avail. I'm considering possibly trying her on venison and green pea (my other cat has IBD, so this would work for her too). Not sure though. Food is so complicated!
Have the anal glands been checked >??
WHat is she eating ??

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

shadowbaby

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
at the moment, timberwolf organics.. but in the past years she's been on..

Innova
CN chicken and rice
Evo
Nutro NC regular adult, then indoor weight loss

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Try a non chicken base ... I forget is there chicken or turkey in the timberwolf??

Sorry I missed the they were expressed...

Does she eat canned food or dry>??

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

shadowbaby

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Timberwolf is chicken based, and she refuses -all- wet food. She won't even eat her dry if there is wet food within a foot of it. I'd ideally switch her to wet food to get her to lose weight, but I can't starve her (I've let her go a full day without eating almost, and still won't touch the wet food).
She's completely healthy too (well aside from the obesity) her senior bloodwork 2 months ago came back good.

I guess I'll see how the venison goes for her

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Venison may be a great thing for her .. as it is totally not close to chn
.. Hope things get better for her

mbd1974

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Let me know what happens with your girl. Mine has been scooting for the entire year since we adopted her and she has just developed really bad dandruff, too.

We have had all kinds of things checked by more than one vet, but no luck getting it to stop. We are pretty sure it's gland related, but she won't stop even if her glands are drained.

We have tried several brands of expensive foods, but nothing seems to help.

tru

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Perhaps Shadow just decided scooting on the floor is the best way to get everything feeling clean after she has used the box.