A very sad decision

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This morning I had to throw out my favourite skirt. I took it out of the washing machine and realised I could no longer fight the holes that keep appearing in the dark blue jersey it is made from. It is calf length, cut on the bias and has a very flattering flared shape. I have worn it with its matching top to many formal dinner parties, and teamed with a T shirt for all sorts of occasions. It is 8 years old, so it has done well, but I shall miss it terribly. RIP old friend.

miss mew

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It is sad when a good piece of clothing needs to be put to pasture

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Don't throw it out! Take it apart and use it for a pattern. If you do not sew, I am sure you can find a seamstress somewhere that can make you a duplicate. I did that with a dress once, and the second one was better than the first. I ended up with 3 of them in different fabrics.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Great idea!!!!!

I have a pair of Cole-Hann ($$$$) slip on shoes that I bought several yrs ago on the clearance rack at DSW. I have worn those shoes so many times!!! They too are now pretty shabby looking and will be relagated to wearing doing quick errands or outside.

katl8e

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I felt that way, about some old flannel shirts. When I pulled a handful of strings and some buttons out of the washing machine, I decided that it was time for some new ones.

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I still have my favorite pair of jeans, I simply can't bring myself to get rid of them.
They haven't fit me in over 10 years, but aside from that, all that is left of them is pockets and seams, they are so worn out.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Look on the bright side- now you have an excuse to go shopping and find a new favorite!!!