Anyone else here collect cars???

scottf

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I currently have two Miatas..1997 non turbo daily driver, a 1991 turbo which I keep for racing, a 2001 Dodge Viper and a 1988 RUF CTR twin turbo( modified Porsche)...My Mr Jinx hates going to the vet in my cars since they are ALL loud...lol, BUT my girl friend loves them all...she wants to drive at least one of them, but I tell her they are NOT for beginners( she is 18, and drives a Mercury Sable)

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Originally Posted by ScottF

and drives a Mercury Sable)
Probably a good idea - otherwise she won't want to go back to her Sable.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

scottf

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
One cat is all I can handle lol...4 cars are easier for me anyways

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My Dad has a few cars. One was my ex-step-mother's Nova. The other is an ar couda (don't ask me how to spell it!) he's had since he was 17, that one is a race car and is his other child.
Somewhere around here I have a matchbox car that looks like his race car. All except the racing stripe is solid instead of staggered. I think he has another car too but I'm not sure what that is or if he still has it.

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Is that a Baracuda?

I'm entirely too poor to collect cars besides 1:24 and 1:64 scale cars, and those are mostly NASCAR.
But Scott, if you ever need someone to drive that Viper around, I would gladly volunteer!

taterbug

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wish I could collect them!! I'd collect the 68-71 Ford Torino's with the
429 SCJ's and I'd ask ya if you wanted to run!!!!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by valanhb

Is that a Baracuda?

I'm entirely too poor to collect cars besides 1:24 and 1:64 scale cars, and those are mostly NASCAR.
But Scott, if you ever need someone to drive that Viper around, I would gladly volunteer!
I found the matchbox version: It's a 1970 AAR Cuda.

I'll post a pic in a minute.....ok here is the best I could do, but I have to do a clickable thumbnail or it'll be huge:

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y255/LilacGlory7/100_1995.jpg
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y255/LilacGlory7/100_1993.jpg

The stripe on here is sort of like his, but I think/thought his was like a faded in kind of paint, but staggered like this one. Maybe I'm thinking of a modle car I got him a few years back.

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by MoochNNoodles

I found the matchbox version: It's a 1970 AAR Cuda.

I'll post a pic in a minute.....
Ahhh, that's a sweet car! No wonder it's his other child! (Earlier release years were "Baracuda"s, but since everyone called them "Cuda"s, they changed the name. At least that's my understanding of it anyway...)

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by valanhb

Ahhh, that's a sweet car! No wonder it's his other child! (Earlier release years were "Baracuda"s, but since everyone called them "Cuda"s, they changed the name. At least that's my understanding of it anyway...)
Dad deffinatley loves that car. When he was grumbling over how much my wedding cost (and it wasn't near what my Aunt spent on my cousin) my mother suggested he could always sell that car...that didn't go over too well I don't think! I'm glad he still has that car. Lord only knows what will happen to it when he leaves this world someday (A long time from now I pray!) because I am in no position to care for it. I'm just glad he's been able to keep something he loves for so long. That makes it special to me.

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Dad deffinatley loves that car. When he was grumbling over how much my wedding cost (and it wasn't near what my Aunt spent on my cousin) my mother suggested he could always sell that car...that didn't go over too well I don't think! I'm glad he still has that car. Lord only knows what will happen to it when he leaves this world someday (A long time from now I pray!) because I am in no position to care for it. I'm just glad he's been able to keep something he loves for so long. That makes it special to me.
Depending on the condition (and considering how much he loves it, I'm sure it's in great condition!), it's worth quite a bit of money as well as the sentimental value which is priceless. I did a quick search of the results of the Barrett-Jackson 2006 auction at Scottsdale, AZ (the premier collector's car auction), and the prices for 1970 Cudas ranged from $55,000 - $500,000. The closest I could find to your fathers went for $58,320, and here's the link if you wanted to send it to him.

http://www.barrett-jackson.com/aucti....asp?id=183877

Now my husband is searching stuff for you

"There were only about 2,724 AAR 'Cudas produced in the six week time period. There were 1,120 produced with manual 4-speed transmissions, and the remaining 1,614 had the automatic 3-speed transmissions."

And here's an Ebay auction your Dad might be interested in seeing

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1970-...QQcmdZViewItem

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i dont, my cousin does, lets see. 56,66,76,86,96,06 corvette.
also a 1970 road runner super bird(i love that car, have made the effort a few times to buy it from him)

i have 3 motorcycles, and 19 guns & 2 swords(more then half the gun are so old i would be scared to use them, same with the swords very old)

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I used to have quite the collection of half finished muscle cars when I had a large yard.
A couple were mostly finished, minus body work.
Among them:
1965 Mustang
1973 Camaro
1975 Ford Elite (The luxury version of the Torino)
1975 Monte Carlo
1975 Grand Prix

The two cars I miss most would be the Mustang and my 1973 Celica.

gayef

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I love cars! At the moment, I am going through a Japanese car phase ... I have a '96 Toyota Supra Turbo (MKIV) and an '06 Nissan 350-Z. The Supra is riced out a little, but the Z is totally stock. I used to have a '90, first-year production Datsun 280-ZX, but recently sold it to a collector in Maryland. Here is a picture of my Redline 350-Z ... *smile*

I also have an '86 full-sized Bronco with the shell removed. It has a vinyl bikini top for the bed. It has a 3 inch lift kit and a modifed tranny/radiator to go at the beaches of North Carolina. I love my truck. Get the you-know-what outta my way when I bounce around in that thing.

In the past, I have collected 'Vettes. My pride and joy was a '63 Split-Window Coupe. I completely re-did it from the frame up. I sold it about 5 years ago, much as it pained me to let it go, but I couldn't afford the insurance on it anymore.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I love all your cars. My dream has always been to get a 57 Chev BelAir. I also love the old Dodge Super Bee. My brother had a blue Super Bee and I loved driving that car. Ah, the fond memories.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

scottf

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

My Dad has a few cars. One was my ex-step-mother's Nova. The other is an ar couda (don't ask me how to spell it!) he's had since he was 17, that one is a race car and is his other child.
Somewhere around here I have a matchbox car that looks like his race car. All except the racing stripe is solid instead of staggered. I think he has another car too but I'm not sure what that is or if he still has it.
its the AAR Cuda...stands for All American Racers...

deelynn

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
my husband is huge car nut!
he has a olds cutlas in garage he is restoring
forget the year he refuses to sell because it very rare!
he is big nascar fan too loves to watch them
would love to drive one

~DEE~