Suggestion on canned food with gravy

ms.blackie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hello,

Need suggestions on wet- canned food with gravy.
My girl likes her gravy - i.e. fancy feast /with gravy
Need other suggestions for better quality with gravy
please. I have Merrick which she is 50/50 about.
I dont mind ordering online for brands not carried
by pet stores.

Thanks, Brenda

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Which Merrick do you have? I know the Thanksgiving Dinner and the Granny's Pot Pie both have different consistency. The Thanksgiving Dinner is runnier (more gravy) than Granny's.

tru

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My cats were on Friskies foods for a long time and that seems to be one food it is particularly difficult to get them to switch from.

If your girl will eat the Merrick at all then I'd suggest staying with that in the most gravy styles you can find till she has actually learned to really like it. I have quit buying the Friskies and have been putting down a variety of brands to see what may go over best.Some of my guys just turn their nose up and eat only dry. I figure they will either adjust to different brands of wet or be strictly dry food cats.

The dry I give them is top quality and I have noticed more water drinking lately so I'm not going to be overly concerned about their stubborness.

Good luck with your Ms.Blackie!

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Nutro pouches
Meow mix pouches
Nutro Grourmet classics
Wysongs AU Jus ( not chunks but lots of gravey)
Evangers the mackerll one is marckerrel in gravy

beccory

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Iams is good quality, fairly cheap, and has several types called "slices in gravy".

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My Ginger says you should try the Meow Mix cups or pouches, she loves them!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ms.blackie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Yosemite

Which Merrick do you have? I know the Thanksgiving Dinner and the Granny's Pot Pie both have different consistency. The Thanksgiving Dinner is runnier (more gravy) than Granny's.
I buy Granny's and Thanksgiving dinner. She is o.k. with them but does
not finish them like she does the fancy feast w/gravy, chicken,turkey or beef. She will eat Thanksgiving dinner, but not the whole serving which is just 1/4 2 x a day. The problem i notice with the Granny's pot pie it the inconsistence of each can, I open and is darker meat looking, I open the next one & its orange looking ( sweet potato- I guessed) she wont eat the orange colored looking ones everytime. If they make each Granny can the same she and I would be happier. I mix fancy feast and Merrick together sometimes with mixed results. I am thinking about writing Merrick and asking them what is up orange granny's because my kitty can tell the difference.
Have you noticed this also?
She gets some good quality dry california natural & natural balance allergy one
each day, but I still want her to eat more than half wet each day since
we had a bad time with a UTI recently.

Meow Mix cups or pouches - I have given her these but I dont like that tuna for daily feeding.

She wont eat iams.
I'll give the evangers mackeral a try - but its not good to feed fish everyday right?
She wont eat Nutro
I'll try to find the Wysong au jus ( is this at petco- I have been to one yet?)

Thanks for all your reply's folks.

Brenda

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Pro Plan's urinary tact health formula chicken flvor is tiny little chunks in gravy. I've got a girl who likes chunks in gravy & she liked the other cat's UTF Pro Plan...a lot!

Otherwise, I feed Friskies shredded, MAX cat Gourmet Classics(Nutro), Nutro pouches, Iams pouches, Eukanuba pouches/chunks in gravy cans, Iams' new entrees(pate style, but LOTS of gravy), Meow Mix pouches/cups, & some pate style stuff. No amount of coaxing or trying to make it more gravy like will get my chunks & gravy girl to eat the pate style. I stood in the pet store shaking every flavor of every can until I found some that sounded like they had lots of gravy. Also...check out Pro Plan's website as they have a variety of flavors of chunks in gravy, etc. I want to order some, but haven't yet.

It is my opinion that if they eat a high quality dry, then a low quality wet is better than no wet at all(Just IMO, though).

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Ms.Blackie

I buy Granny's and Thanksgiving dinner. She is o.k. with them but does
not finish them like she does the fancy feast w/gravy, chicken,turkey or beef. She will eat Thanksgiving dinner, but not the whole serving which is just 1/4 2 x a day. The problem i notice with the Granny's pot pie it the inconsistence of each can, I open and is darker meat looking, I open the next one & its orange looking ( sweet potato- I guessed) she wont eat the orange colored looking ones everytime. If they make each Granny can the same she and I would be happier. I mix fancy feast and Merrick together sometimes with mixed results. I am thinking about writing Merrick and asking them what is up orange granny's because my kitty can tell the difference.
Have you noticed this also?
She gets some good quality dry california natural & natural balance allergy one
each day, but I still want her to eat more than half wet each day since
we had a bad time with a UTI recently.

Meow Mix cups or pouches - I have given her these but I dont like that tuna for daily feeding.

She wont eat iams.
I'll give the evangers mackeral a try - but its not good to feed fish everyday right?
She wont eat Nutro
I'll try to find the Wysong au jus ( is this at petco- I have been to one yet?)

Thanks for all your reply's folks.

Brenda
Wysong is avail at small stores , they have a banner link to there site on the bottom of the forums