Favorite and not so favorite commercials?

happyhendrix

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Commercials are getting crazier and funnier all the time.
What are your favs and not so favs?

I love:
Those citibank identity theft commercials crack me up!
That diaper commercial "Oh yea now this is what I call a diaper"
The verizon commercial with the creepy guy and the lady lies about her network.
Those geico commericial with little richard and the movie voice guy.

I am tired of and dont like:
Those payton manning(football) commercials
The VW crashing commercials scare the crap out of me.
That ford commercial, that has divorced parents hanging out on the weekend with the kids.
Vonage... three words: that darn song!!!!!!
Those stupid Dr. Z commercials and mr. opportunities!

I know there is more,but I can't think right now.

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've always like the Tidy Cat litter one of the kitty having the wild party (and the persian with the lampshade on his head).

One that annoyed me was for the thick cough syrup. Mom tries to give regular syrup and the whole things spills on the kid and not one drop in the mouth. Mom looks at camera and whines "what do I do? Do I give more?". Lady, your kid hasn't had ANY, yet!

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I love the Wendy's raccoon commercial, where they're driving the mini-van? when they go thru the intersection and the one is like AHHHHH! I crack up everytime

I also like the T-Mobile commercials, where they have the most minutes and is is enough or something, my fave is the cheerleader one

I love the identity left Citibank ones too, whatever advertising agency though of that one definitely deserves an award

I hate that Ford one too, with the divorced couple, how retarded!!
I also hate the Sprite ones, wit hthe Sumo wrestlers and crazy colors and stuff, makes me

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like the sleeping pill one where the guy is talking to the groundhog, Abe Lincoln, and the Space man. It's very cute.

mirinae

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love the ones for the Metro Toronto Zoo: jealous animals. One has a family driving home from the zoo in their car, and all of a sudden their windshield gets splattered with bird poo -- a group of pigeons sitting on a wire has done this, because they're jealous of the zoo animals getting all the attention. Another one has two women out pushing strollers, and one of the women is chatting about how great the zoo was the other day. Out of the blue a nut comes flying through the air and whacks her on the head -- a jealous squirrel threw it. The third one has a guy sitting in a chair, watching an ad for the zoo featuring lions. His cat comes in and leaps up on the end table beside him; the more the guy pays attention the commercial, the more annoyed the cat gets, until finally it hisses at him.

I hate, hate, hate, hate the Sensodyne ads with the woman in her underwear standing in the bathroom while her partner takes a shower. She turns on the hot water to freeze him out, all the while chatting about how wonderful Sensodyne is. At the end of the commercial, as he's getting ready to get out of the shower, she hands him a face cloth as if it's a bath towel. I just think What is wrong with that
?

willie'slove

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I like the commercials for gieco too!! With Little Richard, The Movie Man, and "someone who IS famous"

The dominoes commercials are pretty good, too.

I hate those Snapple Commercials though, the ones with like the kids telling their storys about Snapple!!!

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I love the Whiskas commercials with "Hank" and "Hubert" acting like cats/kittens. They have a new one now too and I've only seen it once so I cannot remember the "kitty's" name.

fudge-forever

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
well most of you are not english are you??
so you probably won't of heard of these...

but I have to say i actually like the "sheilas wheels" car one. the song is sooo catchy!
"we could save a bunch of fivers, for bonzer car insurance deals, girls get on the sheilas wheels!"

but i hate the "refused.com" it's just so annoying.

luckygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
did anyone see the crazy gnome commercials for travelocity???? If you go onto their site, they have a whole gnome store! Everytime I see it, I think of all you guys on TCS. And if I was eligible for secret santa, someone would definately get a gnome coffee mug!!!

leto86

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Yosemite

I love the Whiskas commercials with "Hank" and "Hubert" acting like cats/kittens. They have a new one now too and I've only seen it once so I cannot remember the "kitty's" name.
Boris I think?
I love those commercials.. the Hank one is my fave..

I also love the Mac and PC commercials.

I can't recall the ones I disliek right now though.

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LuckyGirl

did anyone see the crazy gnome commercials for travelocity???? If you go onto their site, they have a whole gnome store! Everytime I see it, I think of all you guys on TCS. And if I was eligible for secret santa, someone would definately get a gnome coffee mug!!!
Hmmm, Travelocity has a gnome store?

beccory

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I love the old Nike commercial with the overweight dancer who says "try and say I'm not an athlete."

purrpaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love the VW unpimp the auto commercials

That's all I can think of right now. We don't watch very many commercials because we have Tivo!

lokismum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like the jealous animals commercials for the Toronto Zoo and really like the Bell commercials with the beavers - the one where he's dancing in front of his phone and the other one comes in and catches him doing it is hilarious!

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love the VW commercials, too.

I also like the Tidy Cat commercial where the cats have a party. (It reminds me of when Fred had company around the pool when we had one. It was kinda creepy to look out your bedroom window in the middle of the night and see a bunch of strange cats.)
I hate the commercials for those stupid free ringtones you can get when you sign up to buy a whole bunch more of them.
The Brawny Paper Towel commercials are just stupid as can be. The ones about sending your man to Brawny University to teach him to be sensitive.

babygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like the Checker's rap cat commercial, and the new BK commercial with The King and Drew Rosenhause.

Here's the Checker's commercial

Here's the new BK commercial.

scottf

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
not so favorite...Dominoes Fudgems commercial...with the little girl hugging the giant brownie, and getting chocolate all over her...looks like some weird scat fetish thing....JUST GROSS...and insulting to ALL us pizza delivery guys

Favorite commercial??? Any of the Porsche 911 commercials narrated by Patrick Stewart...this is going back a few years, but it makes me thankful for my 1988 RUF CTR twin turbo which I got off of E-Bay for 20 grand ( needs paint, brakes and new tires) but who cares...I can do the brakes myself and get my tires at cost( UNDER wholesale)...will be painting the car myself...

butterflydream

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My fav commercial right now is that Windex commercial where the crows are sitting in the tree and the glass patio door is open, the man goes inside to do something...while his back is turned the crows close the door...and bam....the man walks right into it (like a bird would to a fresh cleaned window).

Least favorite and I'm going to be kicking myself the rest of the night for this...

But it's just plain annoying....it's a headache relief thing and it goes:

"Head on...Apply Directly to the Forehead, Head on.....Apply Directly to the forehead"

That's my least fav right now.

butterflydream

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LuckyGirl

I love the Roving Gnome, Denouncer of Travel Myths!