So hard to decide!

hobbester

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hi everyone! Sorry i haven't been around for a while. Life has been a little crazy...and after almost 2 years of having Hobbes, we have decided to bring in a little sister to keep him company. We are searching for a tabby and came across these 2 gorgeous girls (from 2 different shelters).

We were lucky enough to set up an appointment to meet her today:

She's energetic, curious, playful and definitely an affectionate girl. i believe she's a Maine Coon/tabby mix. We've never had any long haired cats before, and i'm wondering how hard is it going to be taking care of her. She was just so adorable, and could lie in our arms while we cradle her to sleep.

And then we have another appt to another shelter to see this little girl, which is 2 hrs away from us. We have been "pre-approved" for adoption, and if all goes well, she could come home with us on Saturday.

Both girls are 8 weeks old. Now i just feel soooo bad having to choose one. If i could i'd take them both....but i can't
Any advice on how to make this decision easier? i'm so TORN! *sigh*

zissou'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Better move fast before we all find out where they are and adopt them

I couldn't choose either. The second one looks considerably younger. Is she an orphan?

lionessrampant

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ooooooh! I've always wanted a longhaired kitty!

You really just have to brush once a day or so (depending on the texture of this specific cat's coat) to prevent mats. They shed at about the same rate as shorthairs, but then, the hair is much more...present.

I vote for the longhaired girl and I'd call her Lulu. I'm not entirely sure why I feel she's a Lulu, but that's the first name that popped into my head when I looked at her pic!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

hobbester

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Zissou'sMom

Better move fast before we all find out where they are and adopt them

I couldn't choose either. The second one looks considerably younger. Is she an orphan?
Nope...she's from a litter of 6 (2 girls, 4 boys). Her sister is a gray manx, so adorable too. i believe her adoption is almost final. Here's a pic of the gray one

i really don't know what to do at this point. My husband is equally as stuck as i am.

emily_325

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There's just something about that second little girl's eyes that just melted my heart. She kind of looks like an Annabelle.

halfpint

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Hobbester

Hi everyone! Sorry i haven't been around for a while. Life has been a little crazy...and after almost 2 years of having Hobbes, we have decided to bring in a little sister to keep him company. We are searching for a tabby and came across these 2 gorgeous girls (from 2 different shelters).

We were lucky enough to set up an appointment to meet her today:

She's energetic, curious, playful and definitely an affectionate girl. i believe she's a Maine Coon/tabby mix. We've never had any long haired cats before, and i'm wondering how hard is it going to be taking care of her. She was just so adorable, and could lie in our arms while we cradle her to sleep.

And then we have another appt to another shelter to see this little girl, which is 2 hrs away from us. We have been "pre-approved" for adoption, and if all goes well, she could come home with us on Saturday.

Both girls are 8 weeks old. Now i just feel soooo bad having to choose one. If i could i'd take them both....but i can't
Any advice on how to make this decision easier? i'm so TORN! *sigh*
I think I'd say don't go look at the other one
There would be no way I could make a choice...It won't be easy I guess the one that seems the most settled and easy going... Don't go look at the other one
She's a doll for sure seems very relaxed and Look at you smooching her .... Don't go look at the other one
It going to be your choice for sure I couldn't do it
that's why I have 8

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

hobbester

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by halfpint

I think I'd say don't go look at the other one
There would be no way I could make a choice...It won't be easy I guess the one that seems the most settled and easy going... Don't go look at the other one
She's a doll for sure seems very relaxed and Look at you smooching her .... Don't go look at the other one
It going to be your choice for sure I couldn't do it
that's why I have 8
LOL that lady in the picture isn't me. It's her foster mom
Haha....i'd have 8 too if my husband wouldn't limit me

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can't choose, either! they are both ridicously (sp?) cute!
go adopt them both, I say!

halfpint

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Hobbester

LOL that lady in the picture isn't me. It's her foster mom
Haha....i'd have 8 too if my husband wouldn't limit me
I am just so assuming aren't I. I sorry I thought it was you
But my last words are don't go look at them both
It will be hard but then maybe he'll let you have them both
promise him something
Good dinner, cleaner house, nice folded clothes, you'll wash his truck/car or hey some thing personal
Hope you can decide if that's what you have to do, Good Luck there both doll babies buuuutttt I like the first one

lovinmom828

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I think you should get them both just tell your husband you got yourself a kitten and while you were at it you picked him one up too

happyhendrix

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
The second one with the big doe eyes made me goo "Awww" I sunno which to choose thats up to you. I have a Maine Coon mix, and I brush her like once a week if that. She never has mats ot anything.

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, I truly believe that both were meant to be yours............my four want me to get another!!!

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have always been partial to the kitties that are a bit on the smallish/scrawny side when they are little!!! The 1st one is cute but the bottom photo-I would take that one in a heartbeat!! Good luck on your decision!!

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lovinmom828

I think you should get them both just tell your husband you got yourself a kitten and while you were at it you picked him one up too
I like this answer!
I'm getting partial to the long hair kit, too.

PEARLY!!! So great to hear from you! Whenever someone asks about putting clothes on cats I refer them to your posts of Hobbes. Can't wait to see what wardrobe the new one is getting!

tiffanyl

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lovinmom828

I second that! That's a great idea!! They are both beautiful little kitties!! I myself, am partial to long-haired kitties.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It's totally unfair and unrealistic to ask you to choose just one.
You really need to take both.