VENT - Friend getting rid of kitten

emily_325

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love her dearly and always will...but I am so put out with my best friend right now.

I posted in another thread about how she got her new kitten. To make a long story short, she and her husband got married a couple of weeks ago and this little kitten crashed her wedding and reception. Her mom took it home and when they returned home from their honeymoon asked if they wanted the sweet little girl. They said yes. They had been thinking of getting a kitten anyway.

She's had the kitten a couple of days and I called today after work to check in on them and see how she was settling in. She told me she thought they were going to give her away! She didn't like the kitten licking her and waking her up in the mornings, the kitten had spilled the fish food, and since she's a clean freak she is disgusted by the litter box and all associated with it.

Kittens need toys! Of course she was waking her up and spilling things. They hadn't gotten her anything to play with and she's like 3-4 months old. And she should have thought about things like the litter box before she agreed to take her!

She's an adorable kitten and I know the woman that they are giving her too and she's wonderful and has a couple of other spoiled indoor kittens, but STILL. I can't imagine thinking of giving Anya away, even after I had just had her a couple of days. I would take the kitten myself if she weren't on the other side of the country. She was the sweetest white kitten with lots of grey patches.

Sorry guys. Had to vent.

lisasha3

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If I was closer - I'd take her! Poor little thing. Problem is - some people are cat people (us
) and others just unfortunately aren't.
Can you take her in? You could add this little sweetheart to your home!

zissou'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so glad the woman who will give her a good home is known to you and that they actually found her another home.

You're just having a tough day, aren't you

Hopefully your friend has realized that she doesn't need any pets aside from her fish for now. I kept expecting to read that the kitten did something awful like pee on her wedding dress and then rip it to shreds. But no, just regular cat stuff.

I'd be mad at my friend too!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

emily_325

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Zissou'sMom

Hopefully your friend has realized that she doesn't need any pets aside from her fish for now. I kept expecting to read that the kitten did something awful like pee on her wedding dress and then rip it to shreds. But no, just regular cat stuff.

I'd be mad at my friend too!
I know. When I was talking to her and she told me the kitten was the devil I thought, "Geez, what did she tear up?" But she was just doing normal harmless kitten stuff. I'm just glad she's going to a good home when all is said and done.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'd say the kitten is better of with the new lady and be thankful your friend isn't keeping her. Your friend doesn't sound like she should own anything other than her fish.

tavia'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Okay this is probably going to sound harsh please forgive me I am just in from work and cranky. But it sounds like the kitten shouldn't be with her anyway. She sounds like she needs to grow up a bit. The kitten was being a kitten and being clean is all fine and good but a little bit of dirt never hurt anybody. That's why the good lord give us soap and water so we could work hard, get dirty and then when our day is done wash the dirt off. That poor kitten won't know what to think if I was closer and had my own place I would take her in.

esrgirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If she can't handle a little kitten waking her up and making messes wait until she lives with her husband for a little while longer!! I'm glad she found a good, responsible home for the kitten, but she's going to be pretty shocked when she finds out how messy her husband can be. If I had a dime for everytime my husband made a mess or woke me up I'd be a billionaire

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

emily_325

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I completely agree with you guys. She's my friend, but that sweet little kitten is better off with the other lady.

And esrgirl, you're so right! There are days I wish I could give my husband away with the messes he makes.
Just kidding. But she is in for a rude awakening as far as being married is concerned.

I'll check in on the kitten and what's being done tomorrow or the next day and update you guys.