Please Help ME

smokieb

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have a 13 year old cat. He has always been healthy. For the past three weeks he has been throwing up everything that he eats. We took him to the vet and he had blood work done. Everything came back negative. He still continued to eat for about a week and would still throw up his food. Well, this past week he has stopped eating all together. He wants to eat b/c he rushes up to his food bowl but will just turn away. He have tried so many different foods and we won't eat any of them. This past week he has also started acting strange. He has started ripping the wall paper down from the wall. He does this every morning. He didn't even do this when he was a kitten. He also messed up the blinds in one of the windows by chewing on it and bending it which he has never done before eaither. The vet doesn't have any answers for us. I'm afraid the vet is missing something, and my cat will continue to get worse. Does anyone know what could be wrong. Please help. Opend to suggestions.

ocicat_steph

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
go to another vet and get a second opinion. take your bloodwork papers with you and a current history of what the vet previously said.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
IMO it sounds like tooth problems - I'm surprised the vet did not check for that. When their teeth hurt, they won't eat right.

tru

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Is he drinking and using the litter box? Could it be a blockage of some sort?

I definitely agree with seeing another vet as ocicat_steph said.

I hope you find and correct the problem soon.

princess kitty

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Originally Posted by smokieb

I have a 13 year old cat. He has always been healthy. For the past three weeks he has been throwing up everything that he eats. We took him to the vet and he had blood work done. Everything came back negative. He still continued to eat for about a week and would still throw up his food. Well, this past week he has stopped eating all together. He wants to eat b/c he rushes up to his food bowl but will just turn away. He have tried so many different foods and we won't eat any of them. This past week he has also started acting strange. He has started ripping the wall paper down from the wall. He does this every morning. He didn't even do this when he was a kitten. He also messed up the blinds in one of the windows by chewing on it and bending it which he has never done before eaither. The vet doesn't have any answers for us. I'm afraid the vet is missing something, and my cat will continue to get worse. Does anyone know what could be wrong. Please help. Opend to suggestions.
My first thought was maybe tooth problems also. Especially if the doc did not find anything wrong internally.