Need some help... Kandie has to go all raw or I need lots of help

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Kandie as some of you know has had some issues recently ... Turns out it is food allergies( first 18 yrs none but today is a new day
)

She cant have chicken , much fish , turkey ..lol.. dont leave much..

SHe needs a new probiotic .. shes getting a new fish oil via the vet ...

Kandies eating raw and canned but now her canned is very liminted ( hoping some of you can help me ) ... I have raw beef and organs which she likes but she is used to canned food ... She cant have her nutro , merricks , natural balence( didnt care for the vension ) , solid gold so help ... she can have evangers pheasent and wysongs aujus and pro pac( we didnt test rice so that is questionable )

I can get some exotic raw stuff but how should I introduce..

felyne

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
What about organic calves liver? You did say
you already got organs.

I she allergic to eggs? I know chicken, but eggs
are different.

Do you mix a little bit of veggies in it? Crushed
oatmeal or flax seed? What about taurine?
I don't know if you need to supplement with that
amino. You can get that at a health food store.
Sounds like you've been thru this though.
Can you mix the raw with the canned she can eat?

How about catching mice for her in your spare time
when you aren't making cat food.

Mine had allergies and scooted for 6 mos before we
found out it was wheat gluten in the food. I guess it's
a major filler. When are they going to get the idea that
cats don't eat wheat!??

Good luck, give us some recipes. My cat eats half raw,
also.

zissou'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sharky I have no dietary advice but I just wanted to say that I hope you figure out what to feed poor lil Kandie and that her tummy feels better soon! I know how hard it is dealing with broad food allergies like that (well, human ones, but still a pain in the, ahem, neck).

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I was going to suggest the Evangers Pheasant but I saw you already have that listed.... I know you're not a terribly big fan of Eagle Pack but they have a duck and oatmeal I think it is, formula

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
the duck and oatmeal is an option but I can only get huge cans and no one else eats duck... Eagle pack makes some great tasting and reading cans ( I was told not use the dry)

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by jaycee

you could grind up her food to the consistency of canned
She knows better is the problem

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by sharky

the duck and oatmeal is an option but I can only get huge cans and no one else eats duck... Eagle pack makes some great tasting and reading cans ( I was told not use the dry)
Really? I have the opposite problem, I can't find the big cans
cheaper to feed 10 cats on the big cans, ya know

She knows better is the problem
that wily Kandie!

godiva

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Would she be able to tolerate a human gravy, like those cheap package kinds for humans? Maybe you could mix some of that in there, or beef buillion to give it the smell and taste of canned.

godiva

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
And yeah, I know buillion has lots of salt, but if she isn't allergic to corn starch or flour, you could make a clear gravy out of it yourself. What exactly is she allergic to?

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
corn , chicken turkey milk whey

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I got a sample of dry Cal natural s herring and sweet potato... AMAZINGLY both girls ate it and no puke
.. i need to futher research and do they have a can of this stuff??

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Be careful...the eagle pack holistic canned has cranberry...a no no for cats with crf.

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I got a sample of dry Cal natural s herring and sweet potato... AMAZINGLY both girls ate it and no puke
Not sure if you saw this, but in another thread yesterday, I mentioned finding a new (to me) single protein, nothing added canned food by Canine Caviar (go to www.caninecaviar.com, then to cats and canned food). It is beaver - not complete, since nothing (i.e. taurine) is added, but perhaps a usable base for you to try with her.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pat & Alix

Be careful...the eagle pack holistic canned has cranberry...a no no for cats with crf.
That is one to talk to the vet... she okayed the blue and pink label s for Kandie
.. Good thing it was not the main diet ...

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pat & Alix

Not sure if you saw this, but in another thread yesterday, I mentioned finding a new (to me) single protein, nothing added canned food by Canine Caviar (go to www.caninecaviar.com, then to cats and canned food). It is beaver - not complete, since nothing (i.e. taurine) is added, but perhaps a usable base for you to try with her.
That looks good I will try a can or two ... locally a store carries it but you have to buy 24 at a time... So I will let thy fingers do the shopping

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Why would a local store require you buy 24?? Makes no sense to me...online I can understand maybe.

Hope you find a good online source and hope it works well for her..that would be wonderful.

vik61

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
sharky I'm confused. Is she allergic to raw chicken and stuff?

Y'know I was all rip roarin ready to get my little wild animals onto a raw food diet as SOON as Boo's diarrhea went away. Well, it still hasn't gone away and now the vet has both Peeka and Boo on a dry food diet....so the raw food diet is forever put on hold?

They just can't properly digest ANYTHING right now. And it's been forever this runny run runs.

Would a raw food diet stop this, I have to wonder. I"m just not prepared to test it just now. Not without a vet's okay. And mine doesn't have a clue.

momto3cats

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise

I love that stuff. My very picky old girl with allergies, eats and loves it, and it doesn't make her sick.
They don't have a canned version yet, but maybe they will eventually.

Have you tried Evanger's plain meat cans? They have beef, duck, rabbit, and some others, I think.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I only have access to evangers pheasent ...
Yes All chn raw included ...