Question about gel nails??

miss mew

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
This one is for the ladies....

I just got gel nails done this morning, and I think they might be too long for comfort.

Can I cut them back with nail clippers??

Anyone know?

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've never had gel nails - but I've had fake nails put on before, and if they are too long, I just get a nail file and file them down a bit to where I'm more comfortable with them - maybe you could do that?

sar

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They do tend to feel very long at first - as you're not used to them!
But yes, whenever I had falsies when I was younger, I would trim and file until they were a comfortable length!

I bet your nails are looking fantastic though, Tracy!
Did you enjoy your pampering?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

miss mew

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Sar

I bet your nails are looking fantastic though, Tracy!
Did you enjoy your pampering?
It was great...especially the pedicure

luckygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tracy, don't clip them with nail clippers! They can break like glass, uneven, then they'd have to be redone. I would file them down, that will work. Or just go back to the salon, they have clippers similar to the kind for cats/dogs and they can clip them evenly and then file them smooth for you! I had gel nails forever.... I liked them much better than acrylic. The acrylic used to burn and tingle... But, if you go to a tanning salon, ask for caps to cover your nails, all fake nails will turn yellow in a tanning bed! Good luck!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

miss mew

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by LuckyGirl

Tracy, don't clip them with nail clippers! They can break like glass, uneven, then they'd have to be redone. I would file them down, that will work. Or just go back to the salon, they have clippers similar to the kind for cats/dogs and they can clip them evenly and then file them smooth for you! I had gel nails forever.... I liked them much better than acrylic. The acrylic used to burn and tingle... But, if you go to a tanning salon, ask for caps to cover your nails, all fake nails will turn yellow in a tanning bed! Good luck!
Good to know!!, my maid of honours sister is a manicurist and she said that if they still feel too long tomorrow than she will make the necessary adjustments. Very good to know about the tanning booth though!

snosrap5

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Don't use nail clippers. You take the chance of them splitting down the center. Just use your nail file. You can also go back and have them trim them down. It shouldn't cost you anything if you go back within a day or two.

pombina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The cats house, we just pay the mortgage..
Glad you had a lovely day Tracy. Almost time now!
I never clip false nails, I always file them down. But they will always feel too long at first because you are not used to them but after a few days you'll be fine. When you take them off you'll feel like you've had half your fingers chopped off