Ticked off and upset.

jugen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was due for a vacation the 6th thru the 12th of Sept and I was SO looking forward to it because I am so burned out (as you all know so well). Well My manager calls me this am telling me that my coworker (a shift leader) decided to schedule her surgery for the 6th of Sept and is taking two weeks off because of it. Now she could have waited ONE week more since she is already waiting until then to have the surgery, and I asked her PLEASE can you not do it on my vacation week? I'm so burned out and tired, I NEED this time off? I feel so betrayed. I even changed the whole schedule this week because she needed to come in later so she could pick her child up from preschool thus messing up everyone elses schedules. And I brought her a pop from the other restaurant I was working at when she was closing one night, because ours doesn't have Pepsi products.
Now do I have a right do feel shafted, angry and betrayed? She told me that she needed to have her surgery done by the end of Sept because that's when she looses her medical card, ok then why can't you wait until the 13th of Sept? I mean comeon, you're already waiting two weeks, what's another one? I've gone out of my way to help her over and over and well I'm done. I am really mad and now I'm out for blood. I want her to quit. I honestly don't want to look at her anymore. I can't believe how horribly I've been treated by her. I went in there to get a co-worker from the other restaurant some desserts and a pop and all she said to me was "my money is all messed up." Oh the things I wanted to say, but I just said "sorry" and nothing else. I didn't say good bye, hello nothing. I wanted to tell her off so badly, but I didn't. Sorry for ranting, I'm just so upset and angry. I needed to blow off steam before I explode!

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would be a little upset also.
How long is she supposed to be out of work?, And is it understood and written down that you get your time off as soon as this person get back?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jugen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by theimp98

I would be a little upset also.
How long is she supposed to be out of work?, And is it understood and written down that you get your time off as soon as this person get back?
She is supposed to be off for two weeks. Which not only screws me, but my manager as well. She was taking some time off for her birthday when I came back from my vacation but we can't do either now. This isn't the first time she's done this either. She "suddenly" went on early maternity leave right after we made her do some interviews ( but she didn't want to do them and was fine until the day after the interview, so she got three MONTHS of maternity leave!)which screwed my vacation then and now she's doing this right after she got a write up for a bad close one night, which screws my vacation this time too. Ok the maternity thing I can see, but twice!? Comeon. I feel like taking her next requested day off and telling her "oh sorry, I've decided to take it, so you can't", just to see how she feels. vindictive? yes. Do I care? not at this point.
And yes, I WILL be taking vacation when she comes back. IF she comes back I should say. She applied at Walmart and never went to her second interview, so I don't know if she can still get on there or not. I bet she'll screw me by going to work there and I'll never get my vacation. I really despise her right now.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm sorry sweetie! You didn't deserve to be treated that way. Maybe you'll feel a pinch better if you take a nice bubble bath and have a margarita for an hour or so to help release some of that stress??? Or scream really loud into a pillow and get it out of your system. I'm sorry you're having such a bad week.

jugen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks everyone. I knew if I vented here I'd feel better(not out for her job anyway). I'm still upset and hurt by it, because I've gone out of my way for her, with scheduling problems, the amount of hours she wants to work, what time she can come in, what days she can and can't work, basically I've felt like I've bent over into a pretzel many many times for her and then she does this to me. Now I feel like her personal doormat. Oh well, some people are just greedy and unappreciative. Now I know how she is, I'll never go out of my way for her again.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have worked with too many people like that too!!!!!
They are just selfish and not caring of other people's lives.
I hope she quits but you know there is always another person out their like her that will do the same thing.

Sending calming vibes to you {{{}}}}

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know how that feels! I would stop going out of my way to please her. She will eventually get the picture that you are ticked at her and might even understand why. Only talk to her if it is work related. Nothing more! She will know you don't like her anymore!!

eburgess

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
well your vacation is already scheduled so take it. They are just going to have to deal with it.

jugen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by eburgess

well your vacation is already scheduled so take it. They are just going to have to deal with it.
I would, but then it'd just be the manager and one other shift leader. I'm not like my co worker, I can't be that horrible no matter how much I dislike my job.
I guess I am just to nice sometimes. Either that or my sucker sign is showing.

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by jugen

I would, but then it'd just be the manager and one other shift leader. I'm not like my co worker, I can't be that horrible no matter how much I dislike my job.
I guess I am just to nice sometimes. Either that or my sucker sign is showing.
Nah, Barb, you're just one of a dying breed - someone with a real work ethic.
Too bad there aren't too many of us around, it seems!

esrgirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Is it just this manager you are having problems with? If it's pretty much the whole restaurant, I have to say, as a long time restaurant employee myself those jobs are a dime a dozen. I'd find a new restaurant to work at. It isn't worth being treated this way. I know that pretty much everyone in restaurant management behaves this way, but to me it just isn't worth it to tolerate it. The pay isn't that great and there are a million other restaurants.