Jade Very Sick

casa de gato

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Got up this morning and Jade was lying in the shower room on the floor.. it must have been cooler there.

She was all wobbly on her back legs, so I rushed her to the vet. They did an Ultra sound on her. Bless, she just lay on her back with her legs in the air while they clipped her long fur off her belly and then fell asleep still on her back while they put the gel on and had a look. She never moved.. typical Jade and not just because she is sick.

The vet said her bladder was full but no signs of tumor or any blockage, they said she may have hurt her back because she was wobly on her legs.

Went back to collect her after lunch but she still hadn't pee'd so when I got her home I filled a litter tray and she tried to go but couldn't.

I was really worried so took her back to the vet and they have kept her in.

Now they think she has an infection in her bladder.

I am so worried about her, she is not a young cat and I have never seen her so sick.

Please send lots of loving vibes for her. I have to go and see her tomorrow.

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh no....
You must be so worried.

Sweet Jade will remain in my prayers until this is resolved.

Please keep us updated.

brigitte

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She is in good hands; they will do their best to see how they can help her. Loving vibes are headed her way from Ross, Monica and I.

cloud_shade

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How old is she? Did they check her heart? Make sure they check the pulses in her legs.

skizzorhand

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Me and the boys are sending loving vibes and praying for a quick recovery for Jade.

stormy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sending lots of get well vibes to Jade and
to you.

gizmocat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She could have 'thrown a clot'. They have to check her heart and circulation as well as her bladder. I hope that this is not the case but it helps to know.

cat mommy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hugs to Jade!!
Please get better fast Jade, your mommy loves you and wants you well so you can play with her
. I hope she is doing better.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

casa de gato

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Went to see Jade this morning she is very very sick. They took urina and blood samples the urine showed cells that indicate kidney failure. They have put her on a drip and are awaiting the results from the blood tests.

Her legs are warm and she has pulse so they rule out thrombosis and also crystals in the urthrea because they have been able to make her pea by pressing the bladder.

They also suspect some neurological problems which is why she cannot use her back legs but they are unsure which came first.

She is not a young cat I have had her 12 years and she was adult when I found her but we have no idea of her exact age.

She is sleeping a lot but then Jade was always so laid back nothing ever bothers her, children used to carry her around and she would just totally relax like a rag doll under their arm.

I gave her a cuddle and they said they would let me know tomorrow.

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am so sorry...
This sounds very serious.

Jade is in my prayers and I am sending you both calming thoughts & hugs. ((((hugs))))
I'll be watching for your update.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

casa de gato

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Jade seems much better today when I went to see her and Manualla the vet told me that she had eaten for the first time.. only a little but she had still easten so they are hopefull that the kidney damage has been reversed.

They told me that sometimes with kidney failure they go dizzy so that may explain why she walked wobbly.

She recognised me when I went in to see her and startde purring as soon as I spoke to her

She was also sitting half up this time instead of lying flat so this was also a good sign.. Fingers crossed

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh my gosh....
I was afraid to open your thread but this is hopeful news.
Sweet Jade remains in my prayers that she will continue her recovery.

cat mommy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
to you and Jade. What Jade is going through sounds a lot like what my Sam (now deceased) went through, in the last year of his life. He was walking wobbly (drunk like) and then slowly lost control of his hind end. We had every test ran, but we couldn't find the cause of his illness. He was with us for an extra year (he wasn't pain, the vet thinks) and we adapted to his special needs. I hope Jade is feeling better!

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Best wishes for Jade - it is so worrying when you don't know. Hopefully she will now start to recover.