Back with more cats

kamadoma

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Okay probably you guys know me. Ever since I had to give up back Hades my cat to her former owner, I started to feel I have this special appreciation for cats. But Hades wasn't our only cat, we feed 2 feral guys in the backyard. I think there's already three of them who eat there but I've only taken pics of two:

This one here's a pregnant girl, she gave birth several months ago and now she's pregnant again, dunno where her kittens went though. She's the first cat that started being a regular customer in our backyard. She's quite comfortable in the backyard though I can't touch her, last time I tried to reach out my hand when she was asking for food, she tried to slap my finger with her claw *eep*

This guy is the more greedy one, he always steals the food of the pregnant girl. Though I dunno what's with his voice, it's like he just opens his mouth. But I've heard him fighting with another cat before. He's already started to get comfy, though you still can't touch him.

I also have a new customer who's an orange cat with a huge black spot on his back, but haven't gotten a pic yet since he's the one most afraid of us.

And the latest addition is this poor kitten:

I found him meowing outside and played around by these 2 stupid kids lifting him by the tail like he's a rat. I decided to take her, good thing those two kids didn't made any complains about me taking the cat, coz it'll just die if they handle him any longer. Though those 2 kids enter our yard since our relative's house is sometimes open, and they can go through there. Stupid kids.

But for the kitten, she likes evaporated milk and she can drink now via a small saucer, so the next step would be soft food, good thing he survived without a mom.

So there, I like ferals coz they are more independent though you can't really cuddle them like you could with house cats.

jean44

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi. The cats are lovely, but please let me make a small suggestion. I don't know what the situation is the the PI with cat rescue groups, but if there is a group that will loan out humane traps it would be a good idea to trap the male now and have him neutered before he fathers another litter of kittens that will likely disappear. Get the momcat spayed as soon as possible after her litter is weaned. If there is a rescue group perhaps they can help find good homes for the kittens and help with the neutering and spaying as well. If you like the cats you can release them back to your yard as long as they are safe and comfortable there. For the kitten, it would be great if you can take her inside as a house cat. I would worry about her long term survival outside if there are kids around who think she's a toy. She should also be spayed/neutered as soon as old enough. There are already enough unwanted kittens in the world.

OK- that's my advice for the day. Please don't take this the wrong way or think I'm lecturing. Everyone on TCS just has the best interest of these wonderful kitties at heart.

willie'slove

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Oh that kitten is just sooooo cute. Could he possibly be one of the pregnant mother's babies?

Those stupid kids, I dont understand why anyone would EVER do something like that to ANYONE!

Good luck, kitties!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kamadoma

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
@Jean44 no problem at all, but I haven't heard of any rescue groups here. It would be nice if they can get spayed/neutered. But I haven't heard of any groups here that catch the kitties and have them spayed/neutered, which is bad since these would reproduce over and over again. Though I cannot take the kitten for a house cat. Anyway those kids have stopped with the kitten playing thingy so it's much better now.

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'll move this to fur pages.

Those poor babies
i wish i could take them all, but i could strangle those kids!
Hopefully you can try and stop the kids gaining entry and get the baby inside somewhere where it would be safe because it looks like it just needs cuddled badly

april31

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
The little one looks to really be in need of a vet. Is there any low cost clinics or anything around you?

jean44

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hope one of the rescue groups contacts you. As you said they will just continue to reproduce if not spayed/neutered. Good luck finding help with them. I feel so sorry for them all, especially the kitten. She's so little and helpless.

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Jean44

I hope one of the rescue groups contacts you. As you said they will just continue to reproduce if not spayed/neutered. Good luck finding help with them. I feel so sorry for them all, especially the kitten. She's so little and helpless.
Ditto!