My "bad" kitty

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You'd think it would be one of the crazy younger kitties (Pete or Claire) that causes the problems around my house, but no, it's the 13-year-old!

I already post about the tacos that ended up on the living room after she decided to help herself to my dinner a couple of weeks ago. Then, last night she decided to "share" my manicotti, which would have ended up on the light beige carpet if not for some quick moves on my part. Instead, it ended up on me and Katie.

Then, before going to bed last night I had a glass of milk. Rinsed the glass and left it on the kitchen counter, thinking it would be safe. My mistake! Heard a crash a few minutes later and found a pretty little black cat sitting on the counter innocently licking her paws and the glass in pieces on the floor.

Anyone else with a "bad" kitty?

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh boy where to I start. 8-Bit has the personality of a spoiled six year old. He can open the refrigerator on his own, and eat out of it. He will also get into the cabinets and chew his way through a bag of wheat puffs to help himself. Once I had a friend over, and had made some sandwiches, he started eating the other end of it while she had it in her mouth! I was mortified. I still think the best is when he knocked over an entire container of flour and decided to play in it. It looked like he was sliding all over my kitchen in it, and when I found him, asleep of course, he tried to play innocent.

katl8e

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Rowdy is the usual culprit, when anything happens but, on occasion, Opie gets mischievous. For a while, he was dragging a Victorian cat doll, off of my knickknack shelves and hauling her around the house. He broke the arm off of a figurine (thank goodness for superglue) and I had to rescue my fringed suede purse from him. Normally, Opie is sedate, dignified and laid-back but, when he gets frisky, nothing stops him. He will look me right in the eye, when he does these things.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
oh yes, Antigone is my little trouble-maker, but you'd never guess it because she always looks so innocent. She is always on top of the rat cage, trying to get in the cupboards- the best is when I catch her and say her name she turns and looks at me like "Me Meowmy? I'm not doing anything"
Sapphire is just a klutz and is always knocking things over, but not on purpose

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh Eileen...........that's not bad!! LOL Trixie is my naughty one........and she's the oldest..........I wonder what it is with that?

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
For the most part, I really have been blessed with two very well behaved kitties. However, Ophelia has had her moments! One time I was eating Papa John's pizza on a lap tray on the couch and she just came right up and started lapping up the garlic butter from the cup! She didn't even ask!!
(Don't worry, I didn't let her keep at it!)

And then, her worst "bad kitty" exploit to date, and proof that a feral can turn into a princess!: She shredded the bag that my wedding dress was in. Absolutely shredded it! She wasn't just being bad, though...she wanted something nice to nap on, and she likes napping on satin.
Seriously, she did no damage at all to the dress itself, besides some residual claw snags. But she did leave a lot of fur!

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Your story scares me a little because Jordan is 3 and I was hoping he would calm down some day. Let's just say my appartment is child proffed like I'm some over paranoid new parent (my only children are the furry kind) and he has given me a life time of stories. Just last week he broke a lamp, and he is back to nightly garbage can raiding.

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rang_27

Your story scares me a little because Jordan is 3 and I was hoping he would calm down some day. Let's just say my appartment is child proffed like I'm some over paranoid new parent (my only children are the furry kind) and he has given me a life time of stories. Just last week he broke a lamp, and he is back to nightly garbage can raiding.
Oh I am the same way; I have baby locks on the cabinets and on the refrigerator. It's a bit sad really. My friends come over and ask if I am expecting. All I can do is sigh, say no, and point to 8-Bit.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Heidi, I think there's something in a name. My Ophelia likes Cheetos. So, I was watching TV in my bedroom(I finally got my TV back & Ophleia loves to watch Pirates of the Carribbean), eating Cheetos. I'm getting towards the bottom of the bag when my fingers pokes out. At some point, she chewed a hole in the bottom of the bag & had been stealing Cheetos for awhile....

Twitch & Lily get playing, and one night they jumped up on a chair, only to realize dad was sitting in it. Twitch put a paw in his beer & Lily landed in his popcorn.

Then there's Twitch...when we have guests over she doesn't seem to realize she must have table manners. I let her sit in a chari & put her front paws up on the table, then I treat her to a little snack. Apparently, not everyone finds it as amusing as I do...especailly when she hisses at them to get out of "her" chair!

aussie_dog

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
lol, Buffy's the bad girl of the family. Willow keeps to herself, Molly is nice and polite (if she breaks something, it's because her fat body accidently pushed it off the table she's on, lol). Buffy's the intelligent one, the thinker. If you don't make sure she's well stimulated, she'll do it herself. She likes to push things around, and LOVES to push them off shelves or tables. She loves to investigate, so you get broken things there (push things off investigated tables, chewed up rubber toys, etc.). If it looks interesting, Buffy will be there, and her investigative nature (pushing around a glass to see what it is) makes for broken things, lol

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, I forgot one more thing... 8-Bit loves popcorn. So much so he will climb over my dead body for a piece. Anyway, one night DH was snacking on a bowl, and wasn't giving 8-Bit any. He bit my husbands toe so hard he flipped the bowl all over the floor. We now give him one or two pieces every time we make it.

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lookingglass

Oh, I forgot one more thing... 8-Bit loves popcorn. So much so he will climb over my dead body for a piece. Anyway, one night DH was snacking on a bowl, and wasn't giving 8-Bit any. He bit my husbands toe so hard he flipped the bowl all over the floor. We now give him one or two pieces every time we make it.
That's funny. Your husband probably didn't think so, but I can laugh because I haven't had a meal in 3 years that didn't end in a white paw coming over the edge of the dish, claws out, grabbing for food. I'm also glad to know I'm not the only one with a childless, child proffed house.

tarav

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I too have had to put locks on my cabinets and refrigerator. I used to wake up to pots and pans and food on the kitchen floor. Ava also likes to eat bread so we have to keep that put away and she Loves to steal socks and throw them down the stairs. When we come home from somewhere there are usually 8 or 9 pairs of socks all over the living room at the bottom of the stairs.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Abilene has a thing for Q-tips-it's very weird
...soo much so that i've had to get a special container to put them in that she can't get into. Before that they were in a little thing with cotton balls- Abbie would just slide the top off, take them out one by one- bat them around the bathroom counter and then bat them down the sink drain!!!!
It took me weeks to figure out why out bathroom sink was draining soo slowly
(we clean it all the time). However, one day, I cought the little fluffy butt red pawed!!!!
I was taking a bubble bath and relaxing when i heard Abbie up on the bathroom sink meowing and playing around- i didn't say anything to her, i just watched......and wouldn't you know it- that little stinker was batting Q-tips down the drian!!!! I was ready to kill her!
It took me forever to try and get all of those Q-tips out
.....She did NOT get a kitty treat that night lol....She's sooooo rotten! But now looking back- it was pretty funny
and kinda weird too....a cat and Q-tips???

casa de gato

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Charlie waits till I take my jewellery off and as i slot the rings and earings back into the little holders he picks them up in his teeth and runs off with them. I f I take them off him he goes back and fetches another.

Last Christmas he sat on my glass cabinet picked up the glass candlestick holder by the pretty dried flower arrangement aroung the neck.

Took it to the edge of the cabinet and dropped it.. onto the tiled floor..

With the resulting smash he looked down with a puzzled look on his face as if to say..

mmmmm that didn't quite go to plan...

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

My Ophelia likes Cheetos. So, I was watching TV in my bedroom(I finally got my TV back & Ophleia loves to watch Pirates of the Carribbean), eating Cheetos. I'm getting towards the bottom of the bag when my fingers pokes out. At some point, she chewed a hole in the bottom of the bag & had been stealing Cheetos for awhile....
Abilene & Isabella are little Cheeto thiefs too!!!!!

willie'slove

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yes. Because of Willie's problems, I have my matress on the floor for a little while. So, night before last, Willie went up on the box spring (which is basically like a huge desk right now) and decided to knock over my glass of water. This was great. It just missed my laptop, got all over the floor (and then when he decided to lay in it, his back too), and of course all over the bed. Bad kitty.

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just have to say all this is making me feel better. I was having a dicussion with someone last night about having a fan in my bedroom door way and I said well I can't leave it there over night because the cats will knock it over for sure. She made a comment about how my cats are a pain and I can't do anything. It sort of upset me because those are my babies. I started to feel like there may be something wrong with them, but when I see all this I realize they are just being cats.