Am I a Crazy Cat Lady???

luckygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok, so we are planning a trip for hubby's birthday. We are going to Cedar Point in Sandusky Ohio (despite Susie's attempts to get me to go elsewhere
). Hubby & I love Halloween, and it's Halloweekends at Cedar Point, plus it's roller coaster capital of the world with 16 coasters! Anyway, it's only going to be a 4day weekend, we'd leave Fri afternoon, sleep over Fri, Sat, & Sun nights, then come home on Monday. The park is open from 12-midnight on Sat, and from 10-8 on Sun, so we will have some time to relax in our room. The hotel where we are staying allows pets.... and of course I want to bring LuckyGirl. Hubby says we can if I really want to. I just feel like she's used to so much human interaction, and having someone come over to feed her just won't be enough. Does this make me a crazy cat lady??? Am I going too far??? I mean, she did so well in the car on our trip home from Florida, and I would bring all her comforts from home....I figured she could stay in our room while we are away, and still have us at night to sleep with, and all morning etc. Be honest guys, am I completely ridiculous??? The other problem, is that I'm about 2 inches from getting another kitten, or 2....

One of my neighbors cats had kittens, and they are ready to be seperated from their mommy. The one I fell in love with, is a sweet little girl, she has a white snout, with tabby mask & ears, tabby on her back and back legs, but white front paws....she is really a love dove, but the neighbor really wanted to keep her. (but I think I may be able to persuade her to let me have her) So my next choice was this spunky, don't touch me I've got tons of things to get into, little boy, who is a tabby, but marked a little like a bengal where his markings are spots & stripes. I am leary of getting a boy with LGirl, cause I don't want there to be any male/female tension... Really I'd love to take both, but I don't know that my house is big enough for 3 cats (it's a 2 bedroom duplex, but the basement is unfinished and I wouldn't allow them down stairs). Also, I don't know that it's fair to LGirl to bring in 2 new kittens when she has been the diva in our home for 5 months now.... and she gets spayed Sept 9th, and I am pomeranian sitting for my parents from Sat Sept 2nd-Sept 17th, so will all of this be too much??? I am off work for the holiday Sat, Sun, Mon, Tues, so I thought this would be a good time to get the kitten/s so I could train them....but I don't want LGirl to have a ton of anxiety with her spay..... I'm a mess guys....what should I do???? I really want to do what's best for all of the kitties.....

bella713

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I do not at all think you are a crazy cat lady BUT I do think Lucky Girl comes first and if you are having trepidation about doing all this before her spay, you need to follow your instincts. And personally I think 2 cats would rock her world and not in a good way. Also I am a worry wort so I would be scared to leave her in a hotel room what if the maid let her out or something? I guess hotels that accept animals are careful but I would still worry but that's just me
Good Luck!!!!

tiffanyl

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I think Lucky Girl would be happy to have a few playmates. Maybe not at first, but in the long run. I brought new kittens into my little boy Michoud's 1 kitty home and he is so happy now. He is just a little over a year. It took less than a week for him to get used to them (really about 3 days) and now he acts like he is their dad, always licking them and this morning I caught him cleaning their litter box (you know, the stuff they didn't cover up themselves...he shifted the little around to bury them). He just LOVES his new kittens.

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LuckyGirl

Ok, so we are planning a trip for hubby's birthday. We are going to Cedar Point in Sandusky Ohio (despite Susie's attempts to get me to go elsewhere
).
Just because we don't care for Cedar Point my dear....I can think of a 100 better places to go, but if you like that kind of thing, then go for it!

I don't think I'd bring my kits with me.........I"d be too worried about something happeneing to them, and the stress of being in a new place with us gone all day I think would be worse for them then staying in their comfy, familiar home........we leave for Phoenix on September 17, and my neighbor will come in once a day to make sure they have food and water....they may not get much quality time, but I know they're safe.....but then again, that's just me...........
Hope you guys have a great time! As far as getting more kittens, I'm all for it!!

hell603

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If you have to ask - the answer most likely is YES
- however I really do not consider this a problem - go for it!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

luckygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was thinking that during her recovery from the spay, I could keep her in her (Jazzy's) bedroom.... that is where her litter is, and her window perch, and her turtle.... this way the kittens wouldn't bother her or upset her... or I could keep the kittens in the bedroom with their litter box, so LGirl could have the run of the house... or I could keep the kitten/s in our bedroom till she recovers from her spay....I don't know....I'm so confused. Maybe I could just get the one, she will have a week to make friends with the new baby before her spay, then maybe if the tabby boy is still there a week or so after her spay (when she is recovered), then introduce him into our family??? LGirl is VERY playful, and I really feel she needs a playmate, as she is alone for 6 hours a day....we play a ton at night, but she gets so amped up she keeps us awake running through the house like an elephant!

Bella, I checked with the hotel, all I have to do is put out the do not distub sign and no one will come in, we will be responsible for getting fresh towels/washcloths at the front desk and making our own beds.

luckygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kittylover4ever

Just because we don't care for Cedar Point my dear....I can think of a 100 better places to go, but if you like that kind of thing, then go for it!

I don't think I'd bring my kits with me.........I"d be too worried about something happeneing to them, and the stress of being in a new place with us gone all day I think would be worse for them then staying in their comfy, familiar home........we leave for Phoenix on September 17, and my neighbor will come in once a day to make sure they have food and water....they may not get much quality time, but I know they're safe.....but then again, that's just me...........
Hope you guys have a great time! As far as getting more kittens, I'm all for it!!
Well, if there were more cats home, I might leave them home alone, cause they wouldn't be all by themselves. TTP&B are family to each other, so I'm sure they have affection & playtime & interaction with each other when your not there.... if LGirl is the only cat, then I'd want to bring her with us, but if she has playmates to cuddle with and play with, then maybe they'd be better staying home alone...(and all I can picture is paint cans swinging from banisters
)

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LuckyGirl

Well, if there were more cats home, I might leave them home alone, cause they wouldn't be all by themselves. TTP&B are family to each other, so I'm sure they have affection & playtime & interaction with each other when your not there.... if LGirl is the only cat, then I'd want to bring her with us, but if she has playmates to cuddle with and play with, then maybe they'd be better staying home alone...(and all I can picture is paint cans swinging from banisters
)
Good point Heather!!! Love the paint cans image!!

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Look at Bit and Scratch, Harley and Davidson and my Lily and Stumpy for a start... They all love their new adopted siblings! Lucky has had plenty of time to bond with you, so she will always be your baby, but I imagine she would enjoy a friend! I certainly feel much more comfortable going away for a couple of days knowing they have each other!

Cats recover from a spay incredibly fast. It's really not as stressful as you may think. Some obviously recover faster than others, it depends on the cat, but most cats I've owned/fostered have been fine the next day! My problem has been trying to keep them quiet

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Lucky is still pretty young, isn't she? It seems that it's easier to introduce friends to younger cats.

As far as you being a crazy cat lady...I think that you are considering 2 kittens is more of a sign of that than wanting to take LuckyGirl on vacation with you!

luckygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by valanhb

Lucky is still pretty young, isn't she? It seems that it's easier to introduce friends to younger cats.

As far as you being a crazy cat lady...I think that you are considering 2 kittens is more of a sign of that than wanting to take LuckyGirl on vacation with you!
I think your right!
It's just that, this neighbor, well....they are nice to their cats, but don't do the right things. Like spay/neutering....and that's how the one female got out & got pregnant. And IMO their house is dirty (like food on the floor dirty, not a pile of clothes waiting to go in the washer dirty). And they have two little kids that IMO kinda torture them...they don't hurt them at all, but constantly pick up the kitten when it's sleeping and things like that. So, I feel as if I am rescuing them from rags to riches!
(
)

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Chants... "Do it, Do it, Do it, Do it..."

I think you should get the kittens, but I wouldn't leave LuckyGirl home alone with them right away. I say get the kittens after the weekend away, & take LuckyGirl with you on the weekend away.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I say go for it.

We took Bijou and Mika on our vacation with us this summer. We rented a cottage (4.5 hour drive each way) that also allowed animals. They hid under the bed for a couple hours, Mika came out first, then Bijou. They both slept with us at night. We took them out on their harness and leashes for walks (mostly in the evenings). They sat in the window (my husband put our cooler on the sofa and added soft pillows so they could look out the window in comfort) and enjoyed the comings and goings of everyone. Folks would stop by and talk to them through the screen.

Apparently Bijou liked it a lot. Now whenever we open the car door when he is outside, he gets in, settles down in the back seat, washes himself and prepares to "sit back and enjoy the ride". He often doesn't want to get out of the car.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Do you realized you just asked a ton of kitty crazy people about being a crazy kitty woman.
Lol, honey I think all of us here on TCS are crazy about our kitties-and proud of it too
If you want to take the lovely luckygirl with you, go for it! There isn't a thing wrong with being crazy over your little furbaby
She's definitely a lucky girl alright to have you as a momma

luckygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks guys!!! I worry about her being overwhelmed, and having anxiety....she is such a good girl, I don't want to upset her or hurt her in anyway.... The scoop on the kittens: I will know by tomorrow if I can have the little girl. The little boy is mine if I want him.... I will be home all weekend till Wednesday, so the kitts will have some time to battle out the territory. And LuckyGirl will have time to teach the bambinos whose the queen diva of the house. I really want both of them....and I know in time LGirl will love the babies and have a blast playing with them. We are not taking our mini-vaca till the end of October, so they will have several weeks to adjust. I will be researching introduction, and new litter box training today. And I'll keep you posted on the outcome of the lovey dovey little girl that nuzzled in my neck for 2 hours....

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You won't be sorry adopting the boy too! My boys are so loving.....can't wait to see pics!!!!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wooo hoo- two new furbabies will be saved from being taken to a shelter!!!
That's awesome!