The Daily Thread Wed Aug 30th 2006

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

luckygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good Morning Gang!!!

Last night was horrible, it was a very rough day. The torrential down pour flooded all the bridges on the main road that connects to my street. I was in knots till I got home. I had a massage scheduled, and went to the appt, but the lady wasn't there. So I had to run back to the car, to get my phone, and her bus card (thinking she was in the back with a client). I was soaked even with my golf umbrella, and when I phoned her she said, "oh, I tried to get you at work, my car is dead" And I had already put my $2 in the meter to park! Then I had to go back into the rain. Plus, my SIL got some bad news concerning her pregnancy (I'll post later about it)....so it was a bad day. But today will be better right????

Hope you all have a great day!!!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good morning everyone

Just another Wednesday here..... didn't do much last night, came home and John made supper, and I took about a 2 hour nap after that, and just bummed around the apartment, cleaned out my computer (picture files, ect.) and put them on disks, and my computer is still running like crap - so that sucks

I'm heading back home on Saturday for 4 days - I can't wait, I'm really excited. Well, not for the dr. appointment I have scheduled (the dreaded yearly visit
) but I do have an appointment to get my hair cut and highlighted after the dr. appt - so at least I'll have something to look forward to after the dr!
I haven't seen my family in about a month - so I'm looking forward to that.

Hope everyone has a good day!

kittyprincess

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Good morning!!!!
Today is my last day at work till next week, Monday. I took the days off bc my boyfriend is on vacation and we are gonna be going to cape cod!!!! I am so excited. the only thing that sucks is that its been raining!!!!
I wish it would stop, I havent seen a beach in so long!! any way everyone have a great day!!!!!!

quill_luv

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
School starts in a week!! *dances* I'm taking Music History, Art History, Greek History, and Children's Lit!!!!! I'm so excited, this hopefully will be my best year yet! The other years were okay but THIS one should be unbelievably FUN (compared to the other years)
So today I have to go shopping for supplies and whatnot -- pens, paper, a ruler, some cartridges for my printer, a new desklamp, a planner .... oy vey .... Woo0t
I've been in uni for three years now and this is the first year I'm REALLY excited about! Also have to buy another bus pass, that takes forever, because there are about fifty million other pipples standing in line to have their mugs taken and I'm usually the last one but oh well. Anyway, I'm gonna celebrate by going to Dairy Queen, I need to lose weight but whatever, it's my treat!!~ And Quill just came into my room and keeps headbutting my leg, anyway, good morning to everybody!
I have to feed the master now.

quill_luv

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by marie-p

Good morning!

I don't think it's gonna be a great day for me. After my bike accident yesterday, I barely slept last night and now just about every muscle in my body hurts

I'm going back to bed!

Hope everyone has a better day.
Awww .... hope you feel better soon

marie-p

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the
Originally Posted by Quill_luv

Awww .... hope you feel better soon
Thanks. I think this is as bad as it will be... it can only get better from here

(at least I hope so)

Good luck with your classes. I also start classes next week and I can understand your excitement. I always get so excited before the beginning of a new school year.

Oh, and good news... I got an A- in my European history class this summer!

That's despite having a B in the midterm and doing really bad in the short answer section of the final. I really don't know how I pulled of an A- but I'm not complaining.

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Today is chaotic!! We are training to learn the new web program we have and I just spent an hour and a 1/2 with a trainer. Then I had to load all our customers! I still have more to load! FUN FUN FUN! NOT!!

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well I've done one lod of laundry. Washed the woodwork in the upstairs hallway, our bedroom ,vaccumed these areas and then shampooed the carpets.
Can you say very dk brown water!!!! Gross-I guess thats what I get for running around barefoot and DH wearing shoes in house. Then I shampooed sofa in family room-very dirty too!!! I will have to have a blnaket put down for the cats to nap to keep cleaner!!
I'm tired now!!! But have to prepare a client invoice with recommendations and type up another person's estimate. Maybe a nap mid-day too!!

beccory

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I read another Jeffery Deaver mystery today, and then went to work. Poor Wick has figured out that shoes mean I'm leaving, and got very upset when I got my shoes on to leave. Poor girl, I wish I could stay home with her.
School starts up again next week, and then everything gets crazy. I'm kind of trying to relax and prepare for it.